Summer camp recommendations in St. Mary's County?

School's out soon and I'm looking to give my kids a little fun this summer. Are there any good recommendations for local day camps? I'm not looking for daycare situations, but more outside activity where they can experience something new. I had a neighbor tell me good things about Greenwell...is that the general consensus? Also wondering if any local dance studios are offering summer dance programs? What about gymnastics or swimming? Doesn't have to be all day...just want to make sure that we have some fun things to look forward to.

TPD

the poor dad
This thread just gave me an idea - maybe a farm camp. I could have the little tykes wash & grease my tractors, get the straw out of the field, and shovel some corn all while the parents are paying me to give their little ones a new experience. Hmmmm

MarieB

This thread just gave me an idea - maybe a farm camp. I could have the little tykes wash & grease my tractors, get the straw out of the field, and shovel some corn all while the parents are paying me to give their little ones a new experience. Hmmmm

My kid would be there if you allowed him to drive a tractor or any other farm equipment :biggrin:

I'm afraid though that he would lose excitement doing any heavy work alone

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
There still are some camps with open registration, but many camps are already filled. Most of the camps I applied to for my son were done weeks ago. One sought-after camp had registration back in April; out of a 12 week camp opportunity, I was only able to get one week. :ohwell:

There still are some camps with open registration, but many camps are already filled. Most of the camps I applied to for my son were done weeks ago. One sought-after camp had registration back in April; out of a 12 week camp opportunity, I was only able to get one week. :ohwell:

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that the better camps are now on wait lists. Just of out of curiosity, which ones did you look at?

Thanks to all who replied. We ended up signing my older girl up for camp at King's Christian this week and she had a blast. Really well organized and everyone looked like they were having a good time. (You should see the water slides they had for the kids on Wednesday...I wanted to try it!) Looking forward to trying a few other camps with them later this summer. Also doing the Ryken Summer Knights camp for a week at the recommendation of a neighbor.