Summer Drinks

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Had an interesting drink when I was down in Myrtle Beach. Don't remember all the ingredients, but it had grilled peaches and triple sec. It was 'ok' but kind of thin, decided to try my own version.

Grilled some peaches, into a glass. Mixed a shot of triple sec (I used Cointreau instead, still an orange liqueur) with a Maryland wine, Lighthouse Series white citrus sangria, shook and poured that over the grilled peaches, added a splash of grenadine for color. Not bad, a bit sweet, but easy drinking on a hot summer day. Would have been much better on ice, but my fridge is still down....

TPD

the poor dad
I went to Trossbach’s today and got some over ripe peaches to make a peach daiquiri or 2. Get home only to be told the blender was thrown in the trash a couple weeks ago. I’m not going to the hardware store now to get a new blender. Jameson & ginger it is. FML I really had my heart set on a fresh peach daiquiri.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I really had my heart set on a fresh peach daiquiri.
I'd make you 1 and ship it your way. But the ice would probably melt by the time it got there.
2nd try, only a half shot of Cointreau and no grenadine. Much better. But still needs ice.
What if you substituted the wine for a hard liquor?

Speaking of grilled fruits. Have you ever had any of that pineapple at the Brazilian steak house? That stuff is the bomb. The hot grill caramelizes the sugars in the pineapple, making a decedent intermezzo. I try to make that at home, but lack the BTUs to get it like they do in the commercial places.

Reactions: TPD

stgislander

PREMO Member
I went to Trossbach’s today and got some over ripe peaches to make a peach daiquiri or 2. Get home only to be told the blender was thrown in the trash a couple weeks ago. I’m not going to the hardware store now to get a new blender. Jameson & ginger it is. FML I really had my heart set on a fresh peach daiquiri.
Speaking of peaches, does Trossbach's still have peaches? With the price of gas, I'm trying to save my wife a trip down there for nothing.

TPD

the poor dad
Speaking of peaches, does Trossbach's still have peaches? With the price of gas, I'm trying to save my wife a trip down there for nothing.
I would guess so but can't be sure. Let me try to do a reconnaissance this afternoon...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I like simple recipes, like a Cape Codder: tall glass - 1/4 filled with crushed ice, a jigger of 80 proof vodka, fill with cranberry juice.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I like simple recipes, like a Cape Codder: tall glass - 1/4 filled with crushed ice, a jigger of 80 proof vodka, fill with cranberry juice.
per.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Had an interesting drink when I was down in Myrtle Beach. Don't remember all the ingredients, but it had grilled peaches and triple sec. It was 'ok' but kind of thin, decided to try my own version.

Grilled some peaches, into a glass. Mixed a shot of triple sec (I used Cointreau instead, still an orange liqueur) with a Maryland wine, Lighthouse Series white citrus sangria, shook and poured that over the grilled peaches, added a splash of grenadine for color. Not bad, a bit sweet, but easy drinking on a hot summer day. Would have been much better on ice, but my fridge is still down....
🏳️‍🌈

TPD

the poor dad
Trossbach's still has peaches but not a good quality - hard, not very ripe. Because of the late frost we had in the spring, they only have about 25% of a normal peach crop and they have been hit or miss with the taste/quality. I got some but it will probably take a week for them to ripen.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Trossbach's still has peaches but not a good quality - hard, not very ripe. Because of the late frost we had in the spring, they only have about 25% of a normal peach crop and they have been hit or miss with the taste/quality. I got some but it will probably take a week for them to ripen.
That seems to be all over. Stopped at a roadside stand in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach and got some peaches and a watermelon.

Watermelon was the best I had had in forever. Very sweet and wet right to the rind. The peaches were not at all sweet, and bit hard even tho they were fully ripe. Even cutting them up, adding sweetener and whipped cream didn't help much.

Haven't had a 'good' peach all summer, but I prefer nectarines anyway, so that's what I've been buying.

rio

Perfect for canning!