Summer in Sogn og Fjordane

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Posted by my son's aunt....their cottage "up on top"; their home is down in the fjord bottom.. Note the outhouse...water for bathing and drinking (after purification) comes from those snow melt/rain catch basin "ponds". No electricity except for small portable solar panel array. This is what "off the grid" truly looks like.

Gets up to the 50s each day this time of year if the sun is out.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
What an adorable cabin! I'd love to see interior photos of you have 'em.

Your family homestead is gorgeous. How wonderful that your stock comes from such a beautiful place.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What an adorable cabin! I'd love to see interior photos of you have 'em.

Your family homestead is gorgeous. How wonderful that your stock comes from such a beautiful place.

I probably have some pics stashed somewhere. Family has another cottage "up top" on a different mountain ridge that is very old and traditional..I think is was built in the 1800s. It's where they take the sheep up for the summer to forage on the growth there while they raise hay on the lower pastures around the farm and store it away in a big silo for winter feeding.

I'm not "from there" at all....I was living there for a while and my SO and I had a son together. He lives and works in Stavanger area now.and has a daughter...my first grandkid. We built, literally from scratch, a home on her ancestral farm. Cut the trees up on the mountain and drug them to the local sawmill...she's an electrician..I did the stone and tile and most of the plumbing. The biggest bitch was probably throwing all the dirt up on the roof so we could get the grass growing. It was a lot of dirt, all hand shoveled.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm not "from there" at all....I was living there for a while and my SO and I had a son together.
Never understood what she saw in you. I guess just another wimmen attracted to the latest bright shiny thing.

:runsandhides: