Summers Last Gasp!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Hey now... I've been quietly enduring all these 90F days for months now, just trying to keep cool by only wearing a speedo and flip-flops while walking outside, takiing the dog out, the trash to the can, yardwork, etc. and it's past time for it to come to an end.

At least that's what the petition from my neighbors said.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When we had that nice little break from the heat a week or two ago, I actually wore long pants a couple of days and it just felt so foreign. I really need to relocate so I can wear shorts year round. It didn't help that they were two sizes to big. Time for a whole new wardrobe. 🙁

SamSpade

When we had that nice little break from the heat a week or two ago, I actually wore long pants a couple of days and it just felt so foreign. I really need to relocate so I can wear shorts year round. It didn't help that they were two sizes to big. Time for a whole new wardrobe. 🙁
Lucky you. We should switch - all my shorts are two sizes too small. Can't understand it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Go to the thrift store. Almost new for little cost.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Lucky you. We should switch - all my shorts are two sizes too small. Can't understand it.
Unfortunately, the stress and emotional chaos of the past year have been a very effective appetite suppressant. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My surgeon even strongly suggested I supplement my diet with protein shakes to help a surgical wound to heal faster, because my system is so out of whack. :ohwell:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It's supposed to be low 90s today and 100 or more tomorrow.

C'mon Summer, get this #### out of your system and end already.
It's just a figment of your imagination. It is now officially fall. Deal.
20240827_105527.jpg

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I really dont' get the popularity of pumpkin spice everything.
Me either. blech. Save the spice for pumpkin pie.
I'm going to have to at least give it a try. Not Starbucks, but maybe Dunkin. I can't stand a cup of coffee now without sugar free Coffee Mate Hazelnut creamer. I'm into fru fru coffee now, I guess. :rolleyes:

PJay

I'm going to have to at least give it a try. Not Starbucks, but maybe Dunkin. I can't stand a cup of coffee now without sugar free Coffee Mate Hazelnut creamer. I'm into fru fru coffee now, I guess. :rolleyes:
You might like it..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I get maple or toasted almond coffee, and mix a small amount into fresh ground Dunkin regular (about 1:6 ratio). You can taste it without it being overpowering. Then add light cream and the yellow sweetener.

PJay

I really dont' get the popularity of pumpkin spice everything.
Going with this:

Pumpkin spice has become associated with fall for a number of reasons, including:

Nostalgia: The flavor evokes feelings of nostalgia and comfort, which can be triggered by the shorter days and colder temperatures of autumn. It can also celebrate a longing for an old-fashioned, rural way of life

And there are other reasons if one care to look it up.

Don't even make fun of my pumpkin spice hand soap on counter near kitchen sink :nono: