Sunset Cove

TPD

the poor dad
Hey @Bird Dog and/or @TPD - you guys know stuff. They have outdoor seating - have you heard anything about it opening back up yet?
Follow them on FB - but my guess is they will be open with their outdoor seating. I tried to encourage them early on when this all started to just open their doors as normal and let us locals protect them from the authorities, but they were fearful of losing their liquor license so they did carry-out only.

SailorGirl

Follow them on FB - but my guess is they will be open with their outdoor seating. I tried to encourage them early on when this all started to just open their doors as normal and let us locals protect them from the authorities, but they were fearful of losing their liquor license so they did carry-out only.

I didn't even know they did carry out. How's their crab cakes?

TPD

the poor dad
I didn't even know they did carry out. How's their crab cakes?
My go to for crab cakes is Pax Ale House (they do carry-out and delivery) - IMO they have the best crab cakes in the county, besides what my mother used to make....
Not sure I've had a Sunset Cove crab cake.

SailorGirl

My go to for crab cakes is Pax Ale House (they do carry-out and delivery) - IMO they have the best crab cakes in the county, besides what my mother used to make....
Not sure I've had a Sunset Cove crab cake.
I'd have to agree with that - never ate there but everyone I've ever talked to said how good they were. I'm partial to Clarks' Landing. or was at any rate. What's good at Sunset Cove?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'd have to agree with that - never ate there but everyone I've ever talked to said how good they were. I'm partial to Clarks' Landing. or was at any rate. What's good at Sunset Cove?
Clarke's Landing, now run by Stoney's, pretty much sucks. I agree with Pax River Ale House crab cakes, they are delicious!

TPD

the poor dad
If dine-in - I usually get whatever the fish special of the night is. My backup is the Blackened Tuna sandwich if the fish special doesn't meet my needs. Rockfish nuggets are great along with the Rockfish Tacos. My wife loves their Cove Burger.

We have tried to support local restaurants thru all this but I have realized carry-out doesn't do well with the places we like to frequent - you gotta sit in the restaurant and eat it hot - not from a styrofoam/cardboard/plastic container on the tv tray in my living room. If that is my only option then give me a PB&J sandwich. We've only done carry-out about 6 times in the last 10 weeks.

On a side note - my best meal in the last 2 months happened about 2 weeks ago when my daughter and I flew to Atlanta for a 24 hour trip just to eat inside a restaurant (well we had hardware business to tend to as well but...) - Morton's Steakhouse - and even better - the two of us had the restaurant to ourselves on a Friday night, except for one other couple. Strange but a damn good steak!

SailorGirl

Clarke's Landing, now run by Stoney's, pretty much sucks. I agree with Pax River Ale House crab cakes, they are delicious!
Really - I've been there for lunch just once and their crab muffin or something was fine. I'm not very picky though - if I didn't have to cook it - it's delicious by default.

SailorGirl

If dine-in - I usually get whatever the fish special of the night is. My backup is the Blackened Tuna sandwich if the fish special doesn't meet my needs. Rockfish nuggets are great along with the Rockfish Tacos. My wife loves their Cove Burger.

We have tried to support local restaurants thru all this but I have realized carry-out doesn't do well with the places we like to frequent - you gotta sit in the restaurant and eat it hot - not from a styrofoam/cardboard/plastic container on the tv tray in my living room. If that is my only option then give me a PB&J sandwich. We've only done carry-out about 6 times in the last 10 weeks.

On a side note - my best meal in the last 2 months happened about 2 weeks ago when my daughter and I flew to Atlanta for a 24 hour trip just to eat inside a restaurant (well we had hardware business to tend to as well but...) - Morton's Steakhouse - and even better - the two of us had the restaurant to ourselves on a Friday night, except for one other couple. Strange but a damn good steak!
I just got done reading that their rockfish nuggets are good. Not big on fish - nuggets would be boneless though right? Pier 450 looks like it's going to open this summer - face book page was interesting.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We've been getting carry out from the Chinese and Mexican restaurants in Callaway, from Nicolletis (pizza), and Happy Harbor (in Deale). Since all of those places have always provided carry out, it's been as good as it ever was.

Miss our Sunday brunches at Tall Timbers though. ;-(

SailorGirl

That's right. I forgot about that.
Me too - I can't seem to remember his name at the moment. It's three letters I think. I remember her name - can't remember his. Picture his face - can't put a name on it. Jim or Pat maybe or Bob Tim Tom Joe - weird.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Me too - I can't seem to remember his name at the moment. It's three letters I think. I remember her name - can't remember his. Picture his face - can't put a name on it. Jim or Pat maybe or Bob Tim Tom Joe - weird.
Probably Pat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Probably Tim.