Super Bowl predictions

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm going with the Favrings 23-20 over the Ravens on a last minute touchdown pass from a visibly hobbled God to Sidney Rice.

And yet another example of why you are generally considered the smarterest person on the forums.

Well palyed. *sniff* Well played indeed.

I need a hankie...:yahoo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would like to interupt this tread to report my son, during an intersquad scrimmage caught a 40 yard TD pass, then a few minutes later swapped to defense and had a pick 6 for 20 yards as the middle linebacker.

Please resume

Jets v. Saints, Saints make it Duex in a row.

Good stuff! Congrats, Pete!

And I can see Jets/Saints.

Toxick

Splat
Jets v. Saints, Saints make it Duex in a row.

I may have been able to see this before preseason.

Jets did not really live up to the hype from what I could see. Unless they have really been holding back, I don't see them going past the first playoff round. Seriously - they got owned by the Redskins, and the Skins had at least 2 star players sitting out hurt. Yeesh.

My (obviously biased) pick is The Vikes and The Ravens.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
AFC Championship - Baltimore/Indianapolis
NFC Championship - Green Bay/Dallas

Super Bowl - Indianapolis/Green Bay, Green Bay takes it all.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Vikes because they are, clearly, the best team in the NFC. Peterson doesn't fumble 900 times and Brett plays like he has at least some sense.
I don't see it so clearly. That team is banged up in all the wrong positions. Plus teams have a stamp they'll be using to pummel Favre. Saints get the first crack at crackin' him again.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
Ravens/That Indianapolis team AFC Championship
Green Bay/Cowboys NFC Championship

Ravens finally break the curse of the Indianapolis team and go to the SB to face Green Bay. Ravens 20 Green Bay 13.

Last edited:

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
What is that supposed to mean??

Pains me to death to say it but Peyton has the Ravens number. We have lost to him the last 8 times. Since Peyton has been there we have only beaten that Indianapolis team twice. The last time being 2001.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pains me to death to say it but Peyton has the Ravens number. We have lost to him the last 8 times. Since Peyton has been there we have only beaten that Indianapolis team twice. The last time being 2001.
If the Ravens were gonna beat Peyton and the Colts they would have done so years ago. If it comes down to both teams, the Ravens offense will have to out-score the Colts offense. This just isn't the year for the Ravens to go up against any quality passing team. Their secondary will be picked apart 'if' the opposing QB has time.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
If the Ravens were gonna beat Peyton and the Colts they would have done so years ago. If it comes down to both teams, the Ravens offense will have to out-score the Colts offense. This just isn't the year for the Ravens to go up against any quality passing team. Their secondary will be picked apart 'if' the opposing QB has time.

Alright smarty pants. The Ravens secondary will be fine. We have a decent secondary even w/o Reed. He will be back by the end of October. Our current secondary Washington,Wilson,Carr,Landry and Webb who will be back by Wk. 2 at the latest. We are good to go.The front seven will keep pressure on the QB.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Alright smarty pants. The Ravens secondary will be fine. We have a decent secondary even w/o Reed. He will be back by the end of October. Our current secondary Washington,Wilson,Carr,Landry and Webb who will be back by Wk. 2 at the latest. We are good to go.The front seven will keep pressure on the QB.
Front seven isn't the worry. Forgive me but that secondary doesn't scare me.:lol:

Washington and Webb are coming off ACL injuries. Not good for a cornerback who needs his speed. Wilson and Carr are average corners.

Ed Reed will make or break them this season. Will be interesting at least.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Front seven isn't the worry. Forgive me but that secondary doesn't scare me.:lol:

Washington and Webb are coming off ACL injuries. Not good for a cornerback who needs his speed. Wilson and Carr are average corners.

Ed Reed will make or break them this season. Will be interesting at least.

FWIW, I will always take a strong front 7 and a mediocre backfield over 4 first round picks in the back and a mediocre D line and LB's...not that anyone would ever be dumb enough to do that. *cough*

The ability to pressure the qb and take away the screens while containing the run makes ham and eggers look great picking off desperate throws down the middle. If your job is to keep everything in front of you and tackle well, the game gets easier. Just bend but don't break, make them have to keep snapping the ball and your playmakers up front will get a sack or cause a bad throw and then it becomes a house of cards, especially if your own O can put up some points.

Not that Sacco is ready to be Brady but, that is how NE beat Manning in the past. Look at the great defenses of the past. The '85 Bears were nothing special in the back. Same with the 2000 Ravens, the glory years of the 49'ers and Cowboys. The best Redskin teams. Everything starts up front being able to pressure, handle the run and not get killed on screens.

:buddies: