Super chapped lips

ginwoman

what do you use? Usually I use Eucerin/Aquafor. Today I got a tube of Burt's Bees Lip Balm. Neither of them are working real good right now. Arrrrrr....

jsouthan

what do you use? Usually I use Eucerin/Aquafor. Today I got a tube of Burt's Bees Lip Balm. Neither of them are working real good right now. Arrrrrr....

My fall-back for chapped lips is always Carmex... the one that is thick in the little tub, not the chapstick-type one they have. I also use "My Favorite Lip Balm" from Bath and Body Works, which has shea butter in it and feels so soothing.

Blistex Lip Medex It comes in a little blue thingy. You can find it at CVS and Target. It has menthol in it and TOTALLY hydrates you lips in seconds!!!

Here's a link...

Lip Medex

I've never seen anything better.

OK, I'm not a lady, but I'm just trying to help.

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Blistex Lip Medex It comes in a little blue thingy. You can find it at CVS and Target. It has menthol in it and TOTALLY hydrates you lips in seconds!!!

Here's a link...

Lip Medex

I just use the regular Blistex in the squeeze tube.
I am not a fan of the "roll on" chapsticks (the ones that are like, medicated lipstick is the easiest way to describe them).
I swear by this stuff, but if it is absolutely to the worst kind of chapping, I'd use regular Neosporin, or possibly the lip neosporin that MissHelper suggested :yay:

Hockey

Red Wings Rule
I just use the regular Blistex in the squeeze tube.
I am not a fan of the "roll on" chapsticks (the ones that are like, medicated lipstick is the easiest way to describe them).
I swear by this stuff, but if it is absolutely to the worst kind of chapping, I'd use regular Neosporin, or possibly the lip neosporin that MissHelper suggested :yay:
The main cause of chapped lips is licking them all the time so my uncle used to tell me to put chicken poop on them that will stop you from licking them:lmao::lmao::lmao:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Drink lots of water and take some fish oil.... break open a capsule of pure vitamin e oil and apply... you can buy a bottle of vit E at CVS also.

ginwoman

they are so chapped that anything with menthol burns. That Neosporen LT looks like it would be worth a try.

ginwoman

Drink lots of water and take some fish oil.... break open a capsule of pure vitamin e oil and apply... you can buy a bottle of vit E at CVS also.

that sounds like good advice. Last night I tried some organic coconut oil but it didn't help. I'll keep the vitamin e in mind. Fish oil just makes me burp nasty fish burps. I take flax oil and use cold milled flax seeds.

punjabigyrl

that sounds like good advice. Last night I tried some organic coconut oil but it didn't help. I'll keep the vitamin e in mind. Fish oil just makes me burp nasty fish burps. I take flax oil and use cold milled flax seeds.

As wierd as this may sound put some olive oil. Apply 3-4 times a day for 2 days and then twice for 3 days or as needed. During winter I put olive oil before i go to bed.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
The main cause of chapped lips is licking them all the time so my uncle used to tell me to put chicken poop on them that will stop you from licking them:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was visiting the in laws in North Dakota and at a western store there they were selling lip balm named "Chicken Poop". I'd never heard the saying before that. :lol:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Carmex. :yay:

My lips stay very dry in the winter and I've tried EVERYTHING.
Plain old Carmex does the trick for me. Much better than even the more expensive brands.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Carmex. :yay:

My lips stay very dry in the winter and I've tried EVERYTHING.
Plain old Carmex does the trick for me. Much better than even the more expensive brands.

I agree, though I do prefer the stick to the traditional little white pot of goop. My toddlers love it too! Everytime I pull it out they line up with their little lips pursed and ready.

Cowgirl

Here's a link...

Lip Medex

That stuff is awesome. It's great!!! :clap:

they are so chapped that anything with menthol burns. That Neosporen LT looks like it would be worth a try.

Keep using it. The burn means it's working. I hated it when I first tried it, but it works incredibly fast!!

I have a tube of Soft Lips now. It's a skinny white tube. I LOVE it too. This morning my lips were chapped (because I didn't use chap stick this weekend), and now they're nice and soft already.