Superbowl half-time talent/draw

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Keith Urban, Maroon 5 and OBAMA??,

WTF? Does the press OR the office of the President have ANY respect?

We all know Obama has't met a camera or a Union he did't love but what the hell happened to journalistic integrity?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

We all know Obama has't met a camera or a Union he did't love but what the hell happened to journalistic integrity?

Oh, please, please tell me that you are making this up! Where was this announced? I boycott any TV appearance by the O and my Steelers just beat the Ravens. I'd really hate to miss the Super Bowl if they make it that far!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Good grief. He's such a narcissist - he has to insert himself into everything.

Just the other day Thing1 was saying "does HE have to appear on TV every single day?" :lol:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Obama is the only one of those that I've ever heard of !
What songs does he sing anyway ?:shrug:
Or maybe he just tap dances a lot :lmao:

I believe Black Eyed Peas are supposed to play the SuperBowl Halftime. So unless Fergie has a wardrobe malfunction, noone cares.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

reporting from Washington — Super Bowl Sunday will feature more than one marquee matchup in 2011. A Fox News spokeswoman and the White House each confirm that Bill O'Reilly, host of the Fox News Channel's top-rated prime-time show, will interview President Obama as part of the Fox network's pregame show before the NFL championship game on Feb. 6.

Ok. NOT half-time show. The PRE-game show.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Thanks for posting this link.

I believe Black Eyed Peas are supposed to play the SuperBowl Halftime. So unless Fergie has a wardrobe malfunction, noone cares.

That's what I found when I researched it (although not very deeply).

Ok. NOT half-time show. The PRE-game show.

Thank God! I never watch the pre-game show.

The president was interviewed by CBS' Katie Couric during the Super Bowl XLIV pregame show in 2010 and by NBC's Matt Lauer before Super Bowl XLIII in 2009. The broadcast is typically the highest-rated television program each year.

Looks like it is all a ratings thing --- this spot gives him maximum exposure :rolleyes:

Just gives me an opportunity vacuum the carpet in front of the TV at that point in the show :whistle:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I really, really, want to see this show. Is there somewhere we can vote for this?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Made a mistake. Yep being part of the pre-game draw makes it a LOT better. :sarcasm:

I think I heard O'Reilly say he was going to be at the game. If that's the case the interview would take place at the Superbowl, which means Obama would be at the Superbowl, which means he could appear anywhere to the crowd before, during the game, during halftime, or after the game. Who knows what he'll do.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I think I heard O'Reilly say he was going to be at the game. If that's the case the interview would take place at the Superbowl, which means Obama would be at the Superbowl, which means he could appear anywhere to the crowd before, during the game, during halftime, or after the game. Who knows what he'll do.

Maybe on the Jumbotron but not anywhere in person. You're talking absolute security nightmare here -- no way would they let him appear there in person, especially after the nutcase in Arizona and especially with prior publicity. Geez, talk about a target-rich environment for terrorists!

Sorry, ain't no way the Prez is going to actually attend the Super Bowl. I just don't believe our Secret Service is that dumb.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maybe on the Jumbotron but not anywhere in person. You're talking absolute security nightmare here -- no way would they let him appear there in person, especially after the nutcase in Arizona and especially with prior publicity. Geez, talk about a target-rich environment for terrorists!

Sorry, ain't no way the Prez is going to actually attend the Super Bowl. I just don't believe our Secret Service is that dumb.

You're probably right. I probably heard it wrong. We'll see I suppose.

Baz

This. ------------------>

I was under the impression the interveiw would be taped in advance, but aired during the pre-game. Isn't that how the other Super Bowls were done?

I thought people here would be happy to hear Obama was doing a sit-down with O'Reilly. :shrug: Either way, I never watch the pregame the networks put on. Not a big fan of the extended halftime crap either.