SuperBowl XLVIII at the Meadowlands

Rael

Supper's Ready
Snow Hurricane Hits East Coast -- New York, Philadelphia; Snow, Rain and Heavy Winds - ABC News

Flirting with disaster. Why?

If it was up to me, every sb would be in san diego :buddies:

Yeah, significant weather like this past winter could make one of those "roads shut down" scenarios. They're certainly equipped in that area to handle large volume winter precip, though.

I look at it more from a competitive standpoint, and the game being an all weather sport. Sure, the biggest game of the season and all should be a guaranteed event. But there's something about winter weather games that's special. Ice Bowl, Packers v. Giants in '07, true competitive play in adverse conditions. Worth the risk for how the game plays out. And how many important outdoor football games have suffered participation from weather? (I'm curious, and don't really know the answer, but I'm guessing very few).

I'm not as opposed to the 'guaranteed event' philosophy as much as the 'reward philosophy' on good weather SuperBowls, though. Some seem to think the SuperBowl is some kind of a reward, when it's still a game. Just a very important one.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, significant weather like this past winter could make one of those "roads shut down" scenarios. They're certainly equipped in that area to handle large volume winter precip, though.

I look at it more from a competitive standpoint, and the game being an all weather sport. Sure, the biggest game of the season and all should be a guaranteed event. But there's something about winter weather games that's special. Ice Bowl, Packers v. Giants in '07, true competitive play in adverse conditions. Worth the risk for how the game plays out. And how many important outdoor football games have suffered participation from weather? (I'm curious, and don't really know the answer, but I'm guessing very few).

I'm not as opposed to the 'guaranteed event' philosophy as much as the 'reward philosophy' on good weather SuperBowls, though. Some seem to think the SuperBowl is some kind of a reward, when it's still a game. Just a very important one.

:buddies:

See, the last bad weather game, Bears v. Colts, was, to me, a snorefest. The game has changed. :shrug:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Just saw on the news that Dan Snyder has whined to the WashPo that if New York can get a Super Bowl, why can't DC? In his reasoning, DC should have one because it's the nation's capital.

Perhaps if he let his team get it together enough to win a Super Bowl, he might have a legitimate point. As it is now, he just looks like a.........well.......whiney little boy.

Pittsburgh should get one before DC! :whistle:

:roflmao: