Superchargers, baby!

glhs837

Power with Control
And now the letdown.....unless you own a Tesla... Spotted at Harris Teeter this morning

Clem72

Would be nicer if it were a more compatible standard, but I believe Tesla is the only one that's willing to foot 100% of the cost of build-out in most locations.

That said, you can use an Aptera at a supercharger and there are rumors several other manufacturers are looking to partner with Tesla.

glhs837

Power with Control
Would be nicer if it were a more compatible standard, but I believe Tesla is the only one that's willing to foot 100% of the cost of build-out in most locations.

That said, you can use an Aptera at a supercharger and there are rumors several other manufacturers are looking to partner with Tesla.

Exactly, everyone else is looking for free land and other accomodations to place them. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. The other networks make a huge deal about having almost as many stations, but the amount of plugs per station lacks pretty bad. And when you sort by charge level, they look bad. Combined with upkeep and having to have memberships with different ones, the ecosystem Tesla has built is a huge advantage.

Clem72

I messaged an old friend who was into crypto currencies early on asking if he was going to buy a Tesla now that you can pay with Bitcoin. He texted me the receipt he had for a founders addition roadster he bought the day before. Only 1000 are going to be made.

That bastard.

Homer J

Power Chord
How much use will they really get there? If you're just running out to the grocery store, how often are you going to need to recharge while you're there? Would make more sense to place them along major throughways that have lots of long distance travelers passing by.

Or, are they just doing it for the visibility?

glhs837

Power with Control
I messaged an old friend who was into crypto currencies early on asking if he was going to buy a Tesla now that you can pay with Bitcoin. He texted me the receipt he had for a founders addition roadster he bought the day before. Only 1000 are going to be made.

That bastard.

YEah, somewhere under 2seconds 0-60........ Think he'll add the SpaceX thruster package? I really need to see the compressor for that. two of the components I deal with on a daily basis are two 5,000psi compressors. Ones the size of a mini-fridge, the other the size of a half gallon jug of milk. Sized according to fill volumes required.

Also just saw that EV chargers are part of the big biden infrastructure bill.

Not known how Tesla plays into any of that. Given the anti-union stance of Musk, and Bidens constant harping on labor jobs, I expect restrictions to cut Tesla out of the pie on that stuff.

How much use will they really get there? If you're just running out to the grocery store, how often are you going to need to recharge while you're there? Would make more sense to place them along major throughways that have lots of long distance travelers passing by.

Or, are they just doing it for the visibility?

The well travelled areas you mention are already covered pretty well, now they are working dead ends like us and lesser routes like 301, there's a bunch at Sheetz across the bridge. These are going to be useful for local apartment dwellers or others who cant set up home charging like renters. Also good to catch the vacation crowd for Point Lookout, St George, Solomons, and the moneyed waterfront property owners, at least those not committed to making their own smog, not that I'm naming any names (coughGilligancough)

A 20-30 minute shopping trip is just right to top you off, if you need a full 40-50, just add the time to go get a Starbucks or smoothie, maybe pizza.

Clem72

I have had an electric lawnmower for 4-5 years, no service needed except to sharpen the blades. My nephew has had an electric ATV (not the kid's toys on Amazon) that he has used on his farm for the better part of a decade, no service needed except for tires.

I am looking forward to my first electric car and have almost pulled the trigger a dozen times. I probably would have purchased a the Kia Niro electric if our local KIA dealer wasn't a prick (my personal opinion, no libel here). The sales person literally told me they would never sell electric cars because the owner would have to update his service center and add chargers, and that guy won't even pay to fix the toilet in the customer's restroom.

glhs837

Power with Control
Rode up to Annapolis, turned around at Edgewater Wawa, saw what looks to to be beginning of an eight V3 Supercharger array in boxes waiting to be installed. Only to SCs but eight concrete bases on the ground.

glhs837

Power with Control
Fossil fuel still supplies the power to those chargers so why waste the money on a sheeple mobile

Never driven one, have you. Instant torque and super low CG makes for great fun. So, not sheeple. And power generated at a natrual gas plant is made far more efficiently with far less emissions.