Supplements?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I plan on starting up on Oxy Elite Pro next week, BUT I am downing 20 ozs of MHP Dark Matter (creatine) any possible issues here? Does it even make sense to try and use both on the same cycle?

atbragg

Yes you could continue on that cycle, but to maximize fat loss with OEP you should take in only whey post workout/creatine with no carbs. The second carbs are introduced post workout the fat loss effects from weightlifting is halted.

Switch from Dark Matter, which I love, to 100% whey and you'll love the results. Creatine won't inhibit the effects of. OEP. It will help preserve all lean muscle mass during your fat loss.

thurley42

HY;FR
Yes you could continue on that cycle, but to maximize fat loss with OEP you should take in only whey post workout/creatine with no carbs. The second carbs are introduced post workout the fat loss effects from weightlifting is halted.

Switch from Dark Matter, which I love, to 100% whey and you'll love the results. Creatine won't inhibit the effects of. OEP. It will help preserve all lean muscle mass during your fat loss.

That's a little wrong....in order to stunt cortisol production post workout you need roughly 40-50g of fast digesting carbohydrates. Cortisol breaks down muscle and uses it for energy leading to muscle mass loss...so while you may see weight loss on the scale it will be more muscle than fat.

atbragg

That's a little wrong....in order to stunt cortisol production post workout you need roughly 40-50g of fast digesting carbohydrates. Cortisol breaks down muscle and uses it for energy leading to muscle mass loss...so while you may see weight loss on the scale it will be more muscle than fat.

I should have been more direct. Dark matter contains the correct carbohydrates to stunt the fat loss. Once insulin is raised by the Waxy Maize in Dark Matter fat loss is stunted. Dark Matter contains the fast acting Carbohydrates to spike insulin and feed the muscles with the creatine and protein. Omit all carbs post workout for the best solution.

kom526

Thanks for the info! I stopped the DM after my Thursday workout, I was starting to see some results too. I want to gain lean but I need to get the bf % down first. I'm dealing with the same thing most 40+ guys have to deal with, the dreaded spare tire, though it's more of a bike inner tube now.:buddies: back legs and abs followed by 1 mile of running today.:whew:

Last edited:

kom526

USP Labs has a website with forums dedicated to their products which is :yay: in my book. The answer (and many more) were right there. I'm on day 6 of the OEP and I'm back to losing again after staying stagnant for about 10 days or so. My next step is to re evaluate the diet before I go into my last 30 days of P90X.