Support an Independent

brandielaine127

Jeremy R. Stinson is running for Congress in Maryland's 5th District. As an Independent, he needs your support to appear on November's ballot. (An issue that I learned a while ago could easily be resolved if the Republicans and Democrats would simply agree to it, but it appears they fear competition.) Why limit your options, especially when the current options appear to be only concerned with what their party wants and not with what the constituents need.

Come out to the Accokeek Library tonight at 6:30pm and hear what Jeremy R. Stinson has to offfer. Even better, come and bring your questions about issues that are important to you.

You can't make a choice until you have all of the facts. You can't have all of the facts unless you know all of the candidates. And, you can't truly know all of the candidates until you have met Maryland's Independent candidate, Jeremy R. Stinson.

You can also read more about Jeremy on Jeremy Stinson - Maryland's only Independent candidate for Congress.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I couldn't care less about the candidate whose platform you based your post upon, but I can surely support the departure from Demoncripples and Republicatures. The two parties we've had in the two party system stink to high heaven because of the feces we keep electing to office. They are rotten to the core, rotten through and through, rife with the cancer and corruption of a mercenary bunch of pigs and their lackeys.

See? You got me all riled up again....

Let me know if you want me to be more explicit, but I'll probably be simply joining a chorus some folks think are just cats howling at the moon.

brandielaine127

A point of agreement

I must say that you are truly passionate about your convictions. The reality is that the power to change those in office lie in the hands of the people. The other reality is that many people feel powerless and don't believe that their votes make a difference.

Whether you care for the candidate I spoke of or not, the fact of the matter is that we need options. We need people to work for our votes. I haven't heard Hoyer or O'Donnell asking for people to come and meet them one on one what to discuss issues that are important to them. Jeremy Stinson has and continues to do so throughout his campaign.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I must say that you are truly passionate about your convictions. The reality is that the power to change those in office lie in the hands of the people. The other reality is that many people feel powerless and don't believe that their votes make a difference.

Whether you care for the candidate I spoke of or not, the fact of the matter is that we need options. We need people to work for our votes. I haven't heard Hoyer or O'Donnell asking for people to come and meet them one on one what to discuss issues that are important to them. Jeremy Stinson has and continues to do so throughout his campaign.

Good on him! :yay: Seriously.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay: It's great that you want to support a candidate & get out the vote for them - but check your facts first.

O'Donnell has been out and about in the community for some time. Typical "Meet & Greets" are about meeting the candidate one on one in smaller venues & settings.

BTW, I live and work in Calvert County. My kids go to school in CC. I've seen Tony at no less than 5 functions in the past year (that I can recall) from graduations to ceremonies - not to mention I've seen him out in the community any number of times. I've never seen or heard of Jeremy R. Stinson until you posted about him.

just sayin'.

Events « Tony O'Donnell for U.S. Congress News

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
After my vitriol about the two parties' politicians, I should follow up by also saying I plan to vote for O'Donnell. But the important point here (IMHO) is that the menu now has more than two things on it that might be worth a try. And since we've had two abominable parties' worth of knuckleheads driving this country to destruction for decades, it seems timely to look elsewhere while we still have the ability to actually choose some of the candidates. One of my favorite bumper stickers refers mostly to the Capitol Hill Carpetbagger's Club, but could apply at local levels too: "FIRE CONGRESS"

I'm not at the lynch mob stage yet, but....

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
After my vitriol about the two parties' politicians, I should follow up by also saying I plan to vote for O'Donnell. But the important point here (IMHO) is that the menu now has more than two things on it that might be worth a try. And since we've had two abominable parties' worth of knuckleheads driving this country to destruction for decades, it seems timely to look elsewhere while we still have the ability to actually choose some of the candidates. One of my favorite bumper stickers refers mostly to the Capitol Hill Carpetbagger's Club, but could apply at local levels too: "FIRE CONGRESS"

I'm not at the lynch mob stage yet, but....

I don't know, tar & feathers is starting to sound pretty good....