Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In fairness - all that SHOULD matter is her qualifications for the job. She doesn’t even have to be the very best candidate. Just a qualified one. SCOTUS is *supposed* to be totally apolitical.
That is exactly as it should be. To see how political she is one needs to look no further than "Make the Road New York v. McAleenan" that was overturned on appeal to see that she is the epitome of judicial activism.

SamSpade

Magnanimous that a great word for Chicken sht republicans.
No, it just means they’re late to the game of making SCOTUS confirmations political. Most of the entire history of nominations has been apolitical. It’s primarily within the last 35-40 years it’s all about using the court as a political body.

Someone being fair minded might shrug and say sure I don’t agree with Ginsburg, but she’s brilliant and can administer the law fairly. She gets my vote.

It used to be that on air journalists were fair and neutral in the way they handled their guests. You’d never guess that Tim Russert was a die hard liberal. He kept that to himself. I once talked to Sam Donaldson on his radio show - he didn’t agree that you had to show neutrality; you just had to be fair.

Inserting personal bias is something a judge should never do. When they’re grilled before Congress and asked how they will rule on this or that, it’s a grievous violation of jurisprudence to answer in any way. A fair judge will rule in accordance with what is presented. Like a referee or umpire, it doesn’t matter who you think should win - your job is to decide according to the rules.

Judicial activism ignores that. They believe they can sit in judgment ABOVE the law, and decide as they BELIEVE it SHOULD be.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I nbelieve she will be accepted because I believe she is sure to get ate least two vote from republicans Liz Cheney and this Kinzinger ass wipe.
She may get two votes from Republicans, but it won't be either of the two you mention as they don't have a vote on the matter.

herb749

I did see a news clip that was pretty dumb. It had Biden calling his choice for the SC. It had to be completely staged.

What should have happened when he called would have been for her to say, who is this .? :razz:

OmyGawd

I nbelieve she will be accepted because I believe she is sure to get ate least two vote from republicans Liz Cheney and this Kinzinger ass wipe.
those two twerps have nothing to do with this. They are reps not Senators and have no say in the matter.

PJay

"The President"

Screenshot_20220629-125736~2.png

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's kinda funny that the most junior Justice acts as the gopher when they are meeting together in conference. I wonder how Ketanji feels about that?

Hijinx

Brown is going to be a tough act to follow. maybe they will make Maxine Waters a Justice.