Surprised over Doral flap, Trump thinks he's still in hospitality business: Mulvaney

transporter

A great window into the utter lack of ethics in our President:

Surprised over Doral flap, Trump thinks he's still in hospitality business: Mulvaney

“He was honestly surprised at the level of pushback” to the original announcement, White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told “Fox News Sunday.”

“At the end of the day, he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business, and he saw an opportunity to take the biggest leaders from around the world and he wanted to put on the absolute best show, the best visit that he possibly could and he was very confident of doing that at Doral,” Mulvaney said.

Any and every person with more than a few ounces of morality and experience should know that what Trump proposed was, unethical, a conflict of interest and border line illegal. He's profiting from being President (please don't be so stupid and reply that Doral would do this "at cost" and there would be no profit. Doral is struggling financially. Even if there is no profit, someone else would be paying bills that are currently being paid out of Doral's cash....and then there's the marketing)

As a side note for those who can't keep up (ignorati types): Trump is the same guy who is running around the world illegally coercing foreign countries to dig up dirt about corruption on his political adversaries!! Trump makes the claim that his adversaries profited from their service!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Any and every person with more than a few ounces of morality and experience should know that what Trump proposed was, unethical, a conflict of interest and border line illegal. He's profiting from being President
If it is borderline illegal you should be able to provide the statute that you think is close to being violated. My guess is you would say 18USC208 (Acts affecting a personal financial interest). Sadly for you 18USC202(c) carves out a caveat that makes this law inapplicable in this instance.

BOP

If it is borderline illegal you should be able to provide the statute that you think is close to being violated. My guess is you would say 18USC208 (Acts affecting a personal financial interest). Sadly for you 18USC202(c) carves out a caveat that makes this law inapplicable in this instance.
Tranny is merely parroting what he/ she/ it has been fed. Surely you didn't expect them to actually think.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Trump is the same guy who is running around the world politely asking foreign countries to dig up dirt about corruption on his political adversaries!!

"Digging up dirt" would be stories like hookers peeing on a bed - salacious, gossipy stuff that is probably false.
I mean, it's been years - no one has proof, yet?

Investigating criminal behavior by being bought off by a foreign government for favorable treatment is still a crime no matter who does it.
You don't get to insulate yourself from investigation by running for President. And they didn't find Biden innocent - they just stopped looking.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Investigating criminal behavior by being bought off by a foreign government for favorable treatment is still a crime no matter who does it.
You don't get to insulate yourself from investigation by running for President. And they didn't find Biden innocent - they just stopped looking.

:yay: :yay:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I was looking for a place to post this recent article from Salena Zito. Given the lack of understanding the OP has about Trump and, more importantly, those who support Trump this seems like a great place to do so:

From The Middle (pun intended):
Here is what most of Trump’s critics do not understand about why this new conservative populist coalition voted for Trump over not just Clinton but also over 17 very qualified, distinguished, mostly establishment Republican candidates in the party’s primary battle.

It was never about Trump. It was always about their communities. Trump was the symptom, not the cause.

These voters aren’t going to budge. It’s not that everyone who voted for him considers his first term a massive success that has improved the economy in America and made us safer. It’s that Democrats and Never Trump Republicans have done nothing to reflect on why they lost to this guy.

They’d rather make fun of the voters (it is easier and makes for great sport on Twitter) than admit their contribution to this flee from normalcy.

Successful people, when trying to recover from a setback, ask themselves, “Well, what did I do wrong to get my job or life in this predicament?"

Never Trump Republicans and Democrats won’t accept any blame for losing the public. Instead, they blame the public. They never exclaim: Dear God, they picked him over us? Geez, we’ve got some self-reflection to do.

Enjoy clicking over. Except for the OP (and some others) I think you'll find the time spent worthwhile.

And if you enjoyed Zito's offering, check this one out:

From the second half of the article:
If you’re wondering how Trump voters can continue to ignore Trump’s issues, it’s not even obvious to lots of voters that Trump opponents and D.C. institutionalists such as Sen. “Pow Wow Chow” Warren, Hillary “Lay off Weinstein” Clinton, and Adam “I have more than circumstantial evidence Trump colluded with Russia” Schiff are an obvious contrast to Trump even as a matter of personal corruption.

The chaos of the Trump administration may yet prove intolerable, and there are lots of conservative or sympathetic voters who didn’t vote for Trump, out of concerns that he would be petulant, unstable, and immoral. But if it’s a choice between dealing with Trump’s foibles, which are challenging at best, and pretending the immorality and dishonesty of the system he threatens — a system that will almost certainly outlast him — is somehow a better option, don’t be surprised that so many people are sticking with Trump even through impeachment.

Being a wannabe member of the "managerial class" the OP will certainly hate what Hemingway writes, too.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: