Survivied the flood here in Charleston

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
The flooding was intense and the pictures on the TV don't even show how bad it was here with the water coming over the seawall. I haven't been able to get close to the beaches yet to help my friends pull stuff together.

My truck got stolen at the beginning of the storm to loot a couple of businesses. The good part is the twits got stuck in the mud and were to stupid to know how to get the truck out of the mud with floor mats. They did leave my windows open so this time it may get totaled. I am not going to replace the truck with another big one. I may just get small SUV.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Glad you are okay. A HS friend of mine lives there now and has been stuck in his house for several days. He was able to get out of the driveway today, finally.

Vince

Got a friend on the way back from Georgia and he had to take the back roads around closed parts of I-95 trying to get to Maryland. He said it's a real mess down there.

luvmygdaughters

I have a cousin who lives on James Island. Talked to her on Monday, she hadn't been home because she was stuck at work for 48 hours. She was supposed to send a message when she got home., still waiting.

glhs837

Power with Control
Got a friend on the way back from Georgia and he had to take the back roads around closed parts of I-95 trying to get to Maryland. He said it's a real mess down there.

Got a co-worker who needed to get to FL Monday, wisely decided to fly after I told her that was most likely the case, that 95 would be unreliable.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Glad you are okay. A HS friend of mine lives there now and has been stuck in his house for several days. He was able to get out of the driveway today, finally.

Actually, he is in Myrtle Beach. My bad.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
It is still pretty bad down here in the remote areas. We are still not in the clear as the rivers from Columbia make way down to Charleston. I live about 1/2 mile from the Stono river and am waiting to hear if I will be asked to go. If so...I have a rental car and can go. I would probably come up to MD for a week or so. I can work remotely.

My truck finally got pulled out today and I will hear something from the insurance company soon. My work has a grant to help with some of the unexpected expenses due to the storm. So if I have to go I will have some funds to use not to mention if I need a new car. I don't want a car payment and can't afford another f250 at this point. IF I get it back...I am trading it in down in FL and getting a 1/2 ton truck or SUV.

frequentflier

happy to be living
It is still pretty bad down here in the remote areas. We are still not in the clear as the rivers from Columbia make way down to Charleston. I live about 1/2 mile from the Stono river and am waiting to hear if I will be asked to go. If so...I have a rental car and can go. I would probably come up to MD for a week or so. I can work remotely.

My truck finally got pulled out today and I will hear something from the insurance company soon. My work has a grant to help with some of the unexpected expenses due to the storm. So if I have to go I will have some funds to use not to mention if I need a new car. I don't want a car payment and can't afford another f250 at this point. IF I get it back...I am trading it in down in FL and getting a 1/2 ton truck or SUV.

HeavyChevy, glad you are alright! How's Tuggy?
You haven't had very good luck with that truck since you moved; hope you can replace it with something that won't get stolen or stuff stolen out of it! :huggy:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
HeavyChevy, glad you are alright! How's Tuggy?
You haven't had very good luck with that truck since you moved; hope you can replace it with something that won't get stolen or stuff stolen out of it! :huggy:

Tuggy is doing awesome. He loves it down here it helps some with his old man bones. It has been actually not 9000% humidity so I have left the door open when I am home. He comes in and out but watches everyone walk by. I have had nothing but bad luck with that truck since I moved. I just put 2K into fixing it a few months ago. I called the dealership today and they are like well we don't know yet. UGH. IF I get it back I will put some anti-theft in it. It is just so old that they are easy to steal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IF I get it back I will put some anti-theft in it. It is just so old that they are easy to steal.

wire up a kill switch to the ignition coil it fuel injection pump .....

then weld a chain to the floor and loop it around the steering wheel with a pad lock