Suspected SARS Virus And Flu Samples Found In Chinese Scientists' Luggage Arriving In The U.S.: REPORT

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” the report said.
The report, written by the Chemical and Biological Intelligence Unit of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate (WMDD), does not give the name of the Chinese scientist carrying the suspected SARS and MERS samples, or the intended recipient in the U.S. But the FBI concluded that the incident, and two other cases cited in the report, were part of an alarming pattern.
“The Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate assesses foreign scientific researchers who transport undeclared and undocumented biological materials into the United States in their personal carry-on and/or checked luggage almost certainly present a US biosecurity risk,” reads the report. “The WMDD makes this assessment with high confidence based on liaison reporting with direct access.”
The report, which came out more than two months before the World Health Organization learned of a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan that turned out to be COVID-19, appears to be part of a larger FBI concern about China’s involvement with scientific research in the U.S. While the report refers broadly to foreign researchers, all three cases cited involve Chinese nationals.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...cientists-luggage-arriving-in-the-u-s-report/

SamSpade

I've always suspected this could be attributed to biological terrorism. :mad:

I never thought that - but - how DID this germ make it to every corner of the earth in just a couple months? Really?
Take a look at that freaking map - it's everywhere. Islands in the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Indian Ocean. GREENLAND. Some of the most remote places in the world, there's a case there. And it's presumably spread by droplets - I presume, people. Are we THAT MOBILE in this world for a disease that's not EXTREMELY contagious? How on earth could it JUST be a consequence of people traveling from China to the rest of the world?

My gut tells me there MUST be some other means of delivering this germ.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I never thought that - but - how DID this germ make it to every corner of the earth in just a couple months? Really?

Simple 1000's Infected Chinese Citizens returning home from Chinese New Year Celebrations in Wuhan.

That's how Italy got hit so hard ... probably Iran as well ... China has been doing a bunch of work there

The US however was a mixed infection

Washington State - direct infection from some returning from Wuhan

NYC was a tertiary Infection - someone had been in IRAN helping treat virus victims there

My friend in Kenya stated the infection arrived in her country from Italy, Spain and Germany

Last edited:

SamSpade

Simple 1000's Infected Chinese Citizens returning home from Chinese New Year Celebrations in Wuhan.

I still don't think that's enough. I mean, really - LOOK AT THE MAP. Think of SOME PLACE it hasn't appeared. It's there.
Some landlocked backwater in the middle of Africa - some landlocked Central Asian country. Some island - anywhere.
It is not extremely contagious, and yet somehow in just a couple months it has gone from Wuhan China to Greenland.
To Mauretania. To Mauritius. Just name the place.

I realized that one infected person can be a patient zero for many more places - and the long incubation time can increase the spread
(because if you have a disease, it tends to inhibit your travel plans).

I'm NOT suggesting conspiracy. I'm suggesting this thing lives longer on surfaces than we thought. Infect a few thousand Chinese
and you still won't get that far; infect a few million products made in China, and you have worldwide distribution.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Infect a few thousand Chinese and you still won't get that far;

Spain is particularly hard hit now ... there was a HUGE Feminist rally days after the WHO announced the Covid-19 Epidemic and said Don't gather in large numbers

so much so, someone is suing the Spanish Gov for allowing the rally to take place

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Take a look at that freaking map - it's everywhere. Islands in the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Indian Ocean. GREENLAND. Some of the most remote places in the world, there's a case there. And it's presumably spread by droplets - I presume, people. Are we THAT MOBILE in this world for a disease that's not EXTREMELY contagious? How on earth could it JUST be a consequence of people traveling from China to the rest of the world?

My gut tells me there MUST be some other means of delivering this germ.

I know, I wonder about it, too. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member

That's how Italy got hit so hard ... probably Iran as well ... China has been doing a bunch of work there

The US however was a mixed infection

Washington State - direct infection from some returning from Wuhan

NYC was a tertiary Infection - someone had been in IRAN helping treat virus victims there

My friend in Kenya stated the infection arrived in her country from Italy, Spain and Germany
That's really plausible. And rational. :lol:
I don't really have a conspiratorial nature (all the time!) but this all does make me wonder.

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm NOT suggesting conspiracy. I'm suggesting this thing lives longer on surfaces than we thought. Infect a few thousand Chinese
and you still won't get that far; infect a few million products made in China, and you have worldwide distribution.

:yeahthat:

SamSpade

Spain is particularly hard hit now ... there was a HUGE Feminist rally days after the WHO announced the Covid-19 Epidemic and said Don't gather in large numbers

so much so, someone is suing the Spanish Gov for allowing the rally to take place

I am always suspicious when articles are carefully worded that - if you don't pay attention - you might walk away thinking something it didn't SAY but implied strongly. There's a decent amount of evidence or rational reasoning to suggest there's really no way this is a human-engineered bioweapon of that it was in any way released as a weapon.

That does NOT mean it couldn't have been an accidental release of a deadly pathogen. It's happened before - and not just in China. It has even happened HERE. It can't be coincidence that the disease began in an area just a few hundred yards from a bioweapon lab in China. And the idea that it arose and jumped species from a bat not sold in that market and not naturally occurring less than 2000 km from that market and fairly recently discovered in Yunnan province in a cave - that's not likely to have happened. It didn't happen because some vendor in Wuhan traveled hundreds of miles to some little cave to sell a bat.

But - it's the language. The language will tell you - oh - debunked. Ummm, no it is not. The idea has not been peer-reviewed and established by the scientific community. It has not - according to the science - been PROVED. Claiming the idea is "debunked" is like claiming OJ was innocent. He was not proven guilty, but that does not mean he's innocent.

I am beginning however to find more uses of the word "debunked" to point to the likelihood of reading further, because it seems to be shorthand for some twist of logic that doesn't comport with reality.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Isn't there a graph or something that proposes that every carrier infects an average of 2.6 other people? (Wait one, over)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It can't be coincidence that the disease began in an area just a few hundred yards from a bioweapon lab in China.

I don't know about a ' weapon ' but a report did come out about an incident at the research lab

kom526

SamSpade

Isn't there a graph or something that proposes that every carrier infects an average of 2.6 other people? (Wait one, over)
With provisos of course. If you’re on a cruise ship, you can’t infect more than the total number of people. Even without mitigation you still bump up against geography and mobility of the population. For example you can infect an entire city in Mali or Siberia - but it’s not going anywhere after that.

What concerns me is not the rate of transmission because it’s not excessive. It’s the distribution. What I’d expect is a few population centers . But not literally everywhere. It’s in the Vatican. Andorra. Cabo Verde. Bermuda. How did it SPREAD so far, so fast?

kom526

With provisos of course. If you’re on a cruise ship, you can’t infect more than the total number of people. Even without mitigation you still bump up against geography and mobility of the population. For example you can infect an entire city in Mali or Siberia - but it’s not going anywhere after that.

What concerns me is not the rate of transmission because it’s not excessive. It’s the distribution. What I’d expect is a few population centers . But not literally everywhere. It’s in the Vatican. Andorra. Cabo Verde. Bermuda. How did it SPREAD so far, so fast?
I am firmly in the camp that this was an engineered bug that got out. How it manages to maintain its viability for so long is way beyond my understanding but obviously to me there is a correlation between its host-less lifespan and its spread.

My son can understand and explain the math of the exponential increases but he is like a super genius and could probably explain it more than I can without the conspiracy edge that his old man has. :lol:

BOP

Released into the atmosphere, of course. Conspiracy nuts have been yelling about airplane con trails for years, maybe decades. Maybe they're not nuts after all.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd like to know the window of exposure that this thing is contagious. If a person can carry it for 2 weeks before showing symptoms, are they contagious to others the whole 2 weeks, or the last week, or just when they show symptoms? I could be carrying the damned thing and not even know it. This time of year I always have congestion, but I wasn't raised in a cave and know how to control/confine my sneezing/coughing. There are one hell of a lot of them out there that don't.

I'm treating it like I treat the flu every year, although I carry hand sanitizer now and use it before/after going into a place of business. The CDC website didn't come right out and state this information, so I'm asking here. Has anyone seen this information from a reliable source?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm NOT suggesting conspiracy. I'm suggesting this thing lives longer on surfaces than we thought.

I'm suggesting that it's always been there and the political durhards have decided to blow it out of proportion because orangemanbad. In fact, I'm not even suggesting it; I'm flat out saying it.

Coronavirus is nothing new. When that was pointed out, the newsbots went, "Oh no no no, this is coronavirus 19. Completely different!" And when it was pointed out that even c19 is nothing new, they started calling it COVID, because that terminology is new and therefore makes the virus new.

When progs start changing terminology - global warming/climate change; abortion/pro-choice/women's health care - it tells me they're trying to manipulate me.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I am always suspicious when articles are carefully worded that - if you don't pay attention - you might walk away thinking something it didn't SAY but implied strongly. There's a decent amount of evidence or rational reasoning to suggest there's really no way this is a human-engineered bioweapon of that it was in any way released as a weapon.

That does NOT mean it couldn't have been an accidental release of a deadly pathogen. It's happened before - and not just in China. It has even happened HERE. It can't be coincidence that the disease began in an area just a few hundred yards from a bioweapon lab in China. And the idea that it arose and jumped species from a bat not sold in that market and not naturally occurring less than 2000 km from that market and fairly recently discovered in Yunnan province in a cave - that's not likely to have happened. It didn't happen because some vendor in Wuhan traveled hundreds of miles to some little cave to sell a bat.

But - it's the language. The language will tell you - oh - debunked. Ummm, no it is not. The idea has not been peer-reviewed and established by the scientific community. It has not - according to the science - been PROVED. Claiming the idea is "debunked" is like claiming OJ was innocent. He was not proven guilty, but that does not mean he's innocent.

I am beginning however to find more uses of the word "debunked" to point to the likelihood of reading further, because it seems to be shorthand for some twist of logic that doesn't comport with reality.
The problem here is that the "proof" is in such an esoteric form that the only ones who can say yes or no to it being proof is another virologist. The statements say that it's to close to a virus found in a pangolin, but is that really proof?

SamSpade

The problem here is that the "proof" is in such an esoteric form that the only ones who can say yes or no to it being proof is another virologist. The statements say that it's to close to a virus found in a pangolin, but is that really proof?

I've read similar articles - they're not definitive and they SOUND like they're getting around the idea that it comes specifically from the bat they said it came from initially.

I admit I was somewhat dismissive of the idea of this being a bioweapon for many sensible reasons - one, if I wanted to make a bioweapon, I'd create something amazingly contagious, deadly, lethal within hours and - dies off by itself after a short period (because I wouldn't want it to spread beyond the area I am attacking and have it bite me in the ass). This logistically didn't appear to behave like a weapon. But none of the Chinese narratives made any damned sense - it sounded like we were "jussied".

No, it actually does make sense that A virus being experimented with escaped the lab. This sort of thing has actually happened before, an employee left the lab with contaminated animals (for whatever reason). It's happened here, the United States, with anthrax.