St. Mary's Co. Suspects Arrested in Attempted Murder in Lexington Park

Five Maryland locations to serve you. Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, DUI Defense.
On Sept. 13, 2020 shortly after midnight, St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office patrol deputies responded to the River Bay community in Lexington Park for the report of an assault. When deputies arrived on scene, no activity was observed. A short time later, Maryland State Police stopped a speeding vehicle in California. The female operator advised law enforcement that a 63-year-old male victim from Callaway was assaulted in River Bay. The victim was found suffering from traumatic injuries and was removed from the vehicle to begin lifesaving measures including CPR. The victim was transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital in Leonardtown and then transferred to an area trauma center in critical condition.

St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division Detectives responded and assumed the investigation, which determined that the victim was a passenger in a vehicle in the River Bay community when the victim observed two male subjects in an altercation with a female. The victim told the men to leave the woman alone or the police would be called.

The two male suspects then dragged the victim out of the vehicle and began violently beating and assaulting the victim. The suspects also struck the victim’s windshield, which shattered. The suspects put the victim back into the victim’s vehicle and then fled the area.

Through investigation, the two male suspects were identified as Delante Javon Holley, 28 of Lexington Park, and Tyrell Marquice Birdine, 20 of Lexington Park. Both men were arrested and charged with Attempted Murder, First-Degree Assault, Second-Degree Assault and Malicious Destruction of Property.

While detectives were on the scene completing their investigation, a female, Kanisha Denise Butler, 20 of Lexington Park, attempted to remove Birdine from the back of a patrol vehicle. She was arrested and charged with Hindering.

Anyone who may have witnessed the crime and has not already spoken with law enforcement is asked to call Detective Cpl. Melissa Green at 301-475-4200, ext. 71996 or email melissa.green@stmarysmd.com.

Citizens may also contact the St. Mary’s County Crime Solvers at 301-475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.

Delante Javon Holley​

Tyrell%2BMarquice%2BBirdine.jpg
Tyrell Marquice Birdine​

Kanisha%2BDenise%2BButler.png
Kanisha Denise Butler​

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm surprised there isn't more comment on this story. It's pretty alarming that these shitbags are just running amok, terrorizing the community instead of being in prison or strapped to the chair where they belong.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'm surprised there isn't more comment on this story. It's pretty alarming that these shitbags are just running amok, terrorizing the community instead of being in prison or strapped to the chair where they belong.
It did hit Fox5DC.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/st-mary...r-63-year-old-man-assaulted-in-lexington-park

But I agree. Capture and release on "personal recognizance" seems to be the norm, and the thugs keep right on rolling. LP City is an absolute shithole now. A few more incidents from last weekend (and I'm sure there are more):

Multiple witnesses spoke to SMNEWSNET.COM on the scene who reported they observed two black males at the residence taking items from the shed prior to setting the structure on fire and then fled the scene in a newer model sedan with Maryland Registration plates. The vehicle was tan or beige.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4807...-state-fire-marshal-and-police-investigating/

Witnesses reported hearing at least 10 gunshots, and then hearing multiple vehicles fleeing the area.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4807...esidence-struck-by-gunfire-in-lexington-park/

GregV814

but, but but, they are deprived of voting privleges because "they gots no way to find the voting place at!!"

TPD

the poor dad
I hate to keep bringing this up (no I really don't) but if the sheriff would pull his deputies from health department / Wuhan compliance patrols and put them in Lexington Park neighborhoods instead, then maybe we could somewhat control the violence and the loose animals. But no, it's the businesses not enforcing the masks that are killing people so that's where the deputies need to be....

But I can report, I have not heard of any health department / sheriff deputy visits concerning the KungFlu in the southern St. Mary's area in the last 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I get myself an illegal firearm, start popping shots off in a crowded area, and I'm out by September? Well, not me, I might still be FREAKING JAIL!!!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
These three have done it now.. they're looking at some HARD probation.. and maybe even a tersely worded memo on their permanent record!! WTH is wrong with the judges in our county?? DO we need to replace them all, start from scratch??

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Go sit in on the circuit court one morning and you'll see our tax payer dollars in action. It's ****ing ridiculous the way a certain judge handles the cases of these feral animals.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I hate to keep bringing this up (no I really don't) but if the sheriff would pull his deputies from health department / Wuhan compliance patrols and put them in Lexington Park neighborhoods instead, then maybe we could somewhat control the violence and the loose animals. But no, it's the businesses not enforcing the masks that are killing people so that's where the deputies need to be....

But I can report, I have not heard of any health department / sheriff deputy visits concerning the KungFlu in the southern St. Mary's area in the last 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.
well it turns out he can't. They are not routine patrols, they are following up on complaints. Nobody knows who is filing the complaints, but they have to investigate. $5000 fine and a year in jail if the owner is found in violation. Could be competitors or could be a Karen.

BernieP

Resident PIA
As I said, the China Flu. Don't know if it's to protect the health of the corrections officers and other workers, or to keep the shitbags alive.
But even for some damn serious offenses, it's RoR. The guy who was arrested for assault on the woman - carved something into her lag.
He got released, then tries to contact her to get her to drop the charges (violation of protective order) and I think he got bounced for that.
Clearly he's a threat to her and the cops can't sit outside her residence.