Swalwell Opens His Mouth

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Eric Swalwell's Spending Report for First Nine Months of Year Is Raising a Lot of Questions​

“Dem Eric Swalwell, who has submitted the 2nd-highest number of ‘I am unable to physically attend proceedings in the House Chamber due to the ongoing public health emergency’ proxy letters, spent $250K+ on travel & car service in the 1st 9 months of the year,” Pyers said.

Let me explain to those who may not know what the “proxy letters” are. During the pandemic, the House started offering its members the opportunity to have other members vote for them because of the “ongoing public health emergency.” That might have been understandable when people were freaked out initially in the early days of the pandemic, although I don’t think they ever should have done it. But it’s been more than two years now, kids. Joe Biden has declared the pandemic over. Why is this still on? It’s an excuse for people not to show up to do their job and skip out if they have other things to do. That’s why the Senate doesn’t do it, because it’s ripe for abuse, as we see now.

Case in point: Swalwell. As Pyers observes if there’s such an “emergency” that he can’t show up, why is filing 48 proxy letters, the second-highest number? Why is he spending $250,000 on travel and car expenses? He’s going places. What’s preventing him then from getting into work?

I wrote in January about how he went to the free state of Florida when they were still imposing mask rules in California.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

This plays into the Left’s most paranoid fantasies about the “radical right” and the rise of “fascism,” but as Daily Signal reporter Mary Margaret Olohan pointed out, “This has never happened. But this is what it looks like when the Biden DOJ shows up at the home of a pro-life activist and arrests him in front of his screaming children. That has happened multiple times now.” Exactly. The Swalwell abortion appeal is the exact obverse of what’s really happening in America today and ignores the real source of contemporary fascism: Swalwell and his colleagues.

Swalwell’s video is the very definition of psychological manipulation. It begins with a father feeding a baby at the dinner table as a piano meanders sentimentally in the background. As Dad makes num-num-num sounds to encourage the happy baby to eat, the baby’s older sister, who looks to be about eight, says exasperatedly, “You’re weird.” Mom, brimming with affection, agrees happily: “He is weird. But cute.” Husband looks up from his baby-feeding duties, says, “Awww,” and the couple kisses, as the girl, clearly pleased and fascinated, keeps up her act by exclaiming, “Gross!”

Subtext: women who have had abortions are as American as apple pie, benign, normal, un-green-haired, un-tattooed, un-enraged, un-screaming, un-hateful. Why, they’re just like you and me, or rather, just like Ozzie and Harriet: benign, loving, kind, and above all, family-oriented. All those morbidly obese women with hair dyed unnatural colors and obscene slogans on their t-shirts? Forget ’em. The true face of abortion is just like your face.

This is, in other words, pure propaganda, and it gets worse. For at that moment, this idyllic scene is interrupted by blue-and-red flashing lights shining through the curtains and loud, insistent knocks on the door. Hubby asks, “What the hell?” which is a bit out of sync with the Father-Knows-Best vibe, but after all, it is a crisis moment. Wife opens the door to reveal two solemn cops, who might as well be holding “Defund the Police” signs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Swalwell says parent oversight of education like 'putting patients in charge of their own surgeries'

The lawmakers' argument is part of a larger socio-political battle between advocates for strong parental control over school curriculums and those who insist schools should be free from any parental interference in that regard.

The argument for parents have more input into their children's curriculum – and more transparency from school officials – was central to now-Virginia GOP Gov. Glenn Youngkin's winning 2021 gubernatorial campaign.

Swalwell's remarks, meanwhile, were met with backlash from some commentators on Twitter.

"They think they own your kids," school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis wrote.

"Excellent messaging," author Chad Felix Greene said sarcastically. "Run with this."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Swalwell says parent oversight of education like 'putting patients in charge of their own surgeries'

The lawmakers' argument is part of a larger socio-political battle between advocates for strong parental control over school curriculums and those who insist schools should be free from any parental interference in that regard.

The argument for parents have more input into their children's curriculum – and more transparency from school officials – was central to now-Virginia GOP Gov. Glenn Youngkin's winning 2021 gubernatorial campaign.

Swalwell's remarks, meanwhile, were met with backlash from some commentators on Twitter.

"They think they own your kids," school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis wrote.

"Excellent messaging," author Chad Felix Greene said sarcastically. "Run with this."

My mom was the president of the PTA in my home town for over a decade, a member from when I was in nursey school in 1961 until my youngest sister graduated high school in 1982.

The connection between parents and teachers helped make my hometown's schools top grade in my experience.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The connection between parents and teachers helped make my hometown's schools top grade in my experience.

Progressives do not want to be told what to do by parents ...

Woke Progressives ONLY walk the Correct PATH, ONLY Progressives KNOW The TRUTH ... parents are selfish / stupid rubes / have White Privilege

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Progressives do not want to be told what to do by parents ...

Woke Progressives ONLY walk the Correct PATH, ONLY Progressives KNOW The TRUTH ... parents are selfish / stupid rubes / have White Privilege
My aunt Charlotte was a public school teacher for 38 years. In her opinion, teacher's unions, and allowing them to spend political money, were one of the worst things to happen to the profession.

The other 2 were bachelor's level "Teaching degrees (she doubled majored in English and Math, then got a Master's in Primary Education) and the Federal Department of Education.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

McCarthy says FBI briefing on Swalwell was so troubling, 'you wouldn't have' him on 'any committee'

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Thursday defended his decision to keep California Democrats Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff off the House Intelligence Committee – arguing that Schiff "openly lied" about the Russian election interference and a disturbing briefing he received from the FBI on Swalwell.

"If you got the briefing I got from the FBI, you wouldn't have Swalwell on any committee," McCarthy said in the press conference after one reporter questioned MCarthy's commitment to allowing Democrats to pick their own committee membership.

"And you're going to tell me other Democrats couldn't fill that slot? He cannot get a security clearance in the private sector," McCarthy said. "So would you like to give him a government clearance?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Swalwell Cries 'Poor Me,' Blames McCarthy For 'Death Threats' After Being Removed From His Committee

“You know, Kevin McCarthy seems to want to heat the leftovers of a story that goes back to Barack Obama’s first term," Swalwell said, adding, “the FBI has said three different times. In a rare form, they never talk about investigations, that all I did was help them — never suspected of wrongdoing.”

The Democrat was referring to an alleged affair he had with suspected Chinese spy, Christine Fang, “Fang Fang” in 2014, which became public in 2020.

McCarthy said that he was informed to keep Swalwell far away from committees after an FBI briefing.

“It inspires these death threats. People parrot what Kevin McCarthy is saying when they call and make the threats,” Swalwell said, alleging that people want to “rape and kill” his children.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Swalwell Makes Weird Threat After Speaker McCarthy Kicks Him Off of Intel Committee

"Even though we have said publicly, these smears are bringing death threats, he continues to do it, which makes us believe that there’s an intent behind it. But we will not be quiet. We’re not going away. I think he’ll regret giving all three of us more time on our hands," Swalwell said. "But at the end of the day, our mission now is to restore the credibility and integrity of this institution, of which the Speaker has so gravely, so gravely smashed and destroyed."

McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday the Intelligence Committee is on a different level since members are regularly briefed about top secret matters that even other members of Congress do not know about. McCarthy took issue with how Schiff abused his position as Intel Chairman to lie to the American public about high-profile controversies. He is allowing Schiff and Swalwell to be on other committees, just not Intelligence.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN’s Dana Bash Confronts Eric Swalwell About His Relationship with Chinese Spy and Honeypot Fang Fang

Beginning in 2012 Eric Swalwell had a sexual relationship with Chinese spy and honeypot Fang Fang.

Fang Fang was a “bundler” for Eric Swalwell and other Democrat candidates but it was also reported the Chinese spy had an intimate relationship with Swalwell.

Despite this Chinese spy scandal, Pelosi previously re-appointed Swalwell to the House Intelligence Committee where he had access to some of the nation’s most highly classified information.

McCarthy finally tossed Swalwell off of the Intel Committee.

Swalwell on Sunday told CNN’s Dana Bash that he did not compromise national security through his relationship with a Chinese spy.

“Don’t take my word for it! Take the FBI’s word for it!” Swalwell said defending his relationship with Fang Fang.

Unbelievable!

Hijinx

CNN’s Dana Bash Confronts Eric Swalwell About His Relationship with Chinese Spy and Honeypot Fang Fang

Beginning in 2012 Eric Swalwell had a sexual relationship with Chinese spy and honeypot Fang Fang.

Fang Fang was a “bundler” for Eric Swalwell and other Democrat candidates but it was also reported the Chinese spy had an intimate relationship with Swalwell.

Despite this Chinese spy scandal, Pelosi previously re-appointed Swalwell to the House Intelligence Committee where he had access to some of the nation’s most highly classified information.

Swalwell on Sunday told CNN’s Dana Bash that he did not compromise national security through his relationship with a Chinese spy.

“Don’t take my word for it! Take the FBI’s word for it!” Swalwell said defending his relationship with Fang Fang.

Unbelievable!
I wouldn't take the FBI's word that the sun would come up tomorrow

Louise

Unbelievable!
In your face, Swalwell! And take Feinstein and her Chinese limo driver with you. Bye bye.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Eric Swalwell outpaces Nancy Pelosi living a luxurious life with campaign cash: report

While Americans were struggling to make ends meet amidst skyrocketing food and energy costs, Swalwell’s campaign lived large with the one notable travel expenditure being $20,240 to the posh Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, which according to the property’s website is a scenic “Forbes Five-Star blufftop resort overlooking the ocean,” where the congressman’s wife worked as the sales director until 2019, according to her LinkedIn profile, Fox News reported.

Swalwell has built a reputation for his spendthrift ways and the reported use of donor funds on partying, limos, yachts and exclusive hotels both domestically and internationally, shamelessly reaping the rewards of his privileged position as a Washington, D.C. swamp creature at a time when people he represents in California’s 14th Congressional District have been forced to cut back on their own spending to offset the inflation that has marked the dismal tenure of President Joe Biden.

In another eye-popping disclosure regarding Swalwell’s profligate spending, his committee “burned through thousands of dollars in Paris, France, including $1,800 early last May at the five-star Hotel La Maison Champs-Elysées, where nightly rooms run from around $1,000 to $1,200 per night,” Fox News reported.

“The Maison Champs-Elysées in the heart of Paris’ “Golden Triangle” is an elegant marriage of contemporary lines and unobtrusive luxury. This very special non-conformist 5-star hotel teases our expectations, with theatrical elements, a subtle and relaxed atmosphere,” according to the description on the hotel’s website.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chinese Spy Lover Eric Swalwell Proposes Bill to Ban Trump From U.S. Capitol

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif), who was kicked off the House Select Committee on Intelligence because of his years-long affair with a Chinese spy, is trying to stay in the headlines by proposing a plan to keep former President Trump out of the Capitol.

The bill, introduced by Rep. Nikema Williams (D-GA), would permanently bar Trump and several top aides from the Capitol because of their attempt to "undermine and overturn the 2020 presidential election."

The proposal asks the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms and the U.S. Capitol Police to take "such actions as may be necessary" to keep Trump from entering the halls of Congress forever.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Eric Swalwell Doesn’t Want To Dictate What Channels The Military Can Watch — Unless They Like Fox News

“I don’t want to get in the business of telling troops what they can and cannot watch,” he said. “But, if you have a news station that a court is going to rule is, in its evening hour, you know, perpetuating dis- and misinformation, I don’t know if I disagree with VoteVets, who was saying that we need to take a look at, you know, how this is being broadcast to our troops,” Swalwell continued.

“I don’t think we’re without complete recourse,” the California Congressman said, appearing to suggest that threats of Congressional oversight would be “an incentive for Fox News to clean up” programming that did not fall in line.

Democrats and a number of legacy media talking heads have spent much of the last week criticizing Fox News and popular host Tucker Carlson over his broadcast of previously unseen footage from the January 6th riot on Capitol Hill.