Sweet Leaf

G

Gemmi

Anyone try this stevia product? I am wondering if it is better than Splenda.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Anyone try this stevia product? I am wondering if it is better than Splenda.

Some don't like it's bitterness and don't EVER try it straight :dead:
I used to use it in my coffee and I liked it. You can never compare it to Splenda, that stuff is no good, at least Stevia isn't processed with nasty chemicals.

Pandora

For the past 2-weeks, I have replaced Splenda with Stevia and find I love it! Plus, Stevia is better for you!

But, Stevia is nearly impossible to find. I bought the last box on the shelf this afternoon at the Wal Mart in California. They typically sell it with the vitamins and herbs. It is $5.94 at Wal Mart for 100 packets.

The next time somebody is in B.J.'s, would they mind seeing if they carry it?
If you are real nice, you find out the price and number of packets.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I haven't tried baking with it yet but it passes my taste test. It's the closes taste and texture to sugar yet that I've tried. I made a sugar free chocolate sauce with it and it was good. This winter I will do a lot of experimental baking with it and I plan on growing some.

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
I get mine at Trader Joes in Annapolis. Love the stuff. You might try the health food store in Leonardtown, or on-line.

For the past 2-weeks, I have replaced Splenda with Stevia and find I love it! Plus, Stevia is better for you!

But, Stevia is nearly impossible to find. I bought the last box on the shelf this afternoon at the Wal Mart in California. They typically sell it with the vitamins and herbs. It is $5.94 at Wal Mart for 100 packets.

The next time somebody is in B.J.'s, would they mind seeing if they carry it?
If you are real nice, you find out the price and number of packets.

:coffee: <-- with stevia

You can find it at GNC (California, Prince Frederick, Waldorf), The Good Earth (Leonardtown), Woodburns (Solomons), Wal-Mart (Anywhere).

Food Lion carries Truvia... it is made with rebiana, the best tasting part of the stevia leaf - sweetness from nature. Your whole family will enjoy the clean sweet taste of Truvia natural sweetener. Add it to your favorite coffee and tea. Sprinkle it on fruit and cereal.

Food Lion carries Truvia... it is made with rebiana, the best tasting part of the stevia leaf - sweetness from nature. Your whole family will enjoy the clean sweet taste of Truvia natural sweetener. Add it to your favorite coffee and tea. Sprinkle it on fruit and cereal.

:eyebrow: You work for the Truvia compant dontchu? :eyebrow:

Pandora

Do you remember the price and about how many packets are in the package?

And, have you personally tried this AND Stevia? Do you notice a taste difference?

G

Gemmi

I did buy the Sweet Leaf. I bought it at a Martin's supermarket. I tried it on my oatmeal and it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I have tried the stevia in the raw and it was disgusting also. Guess I'll stick with the Splenda. What is the sweetener that is part sugar? I saw it on the shelf and I believe it has 5 calories a teaspoon. Has anyone tried that?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I don't really care for the taste of it. Reminds me of sweet and low. :barf: I've been using agave nectar in my tea and like it a lot. It's sweet without being too sweet. They sell it at Giant next to the honey. I'm unaware if its available in powder or granuals.

G

Gemmi

I have used the liquid Stevia now going on 15 yr. Did it to eliminate sugar from diet. Only takes a little bit to make something sweet, and lasts a long time. This is a new product. Powdered stevia does have a bitterness to it if you use to much.

Also, for those who are losing weight thru the Atkins method, liquid stevia works great.

Where can you purchase the liquid Stevia?