Sweetbay Restaurant in Leonardtown

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Now open, but only by reservation. Reviews are pretty positive so far. I just wish their menu was posted on the website.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A friend of mine had dinner there on NYE, she said it was delicious! I look forward to trying it out soon.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Paella - now that sounds different. Was looking for menu, but it might be worth a try.

Their website needs some work, it would be nice to have some bio on the owners (since they mention the other restaurant in DC)
Menu and maybe highlights of the bar
The only way I found out they had Paella is clicking Reservations and going to OpenTable

If the owner / manager is reading, please update your website.
Looks like it would be a nice place.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
That name sounded familiar, then I remembered. The wife had watched a couple episodes of Guy Fieris trip through Europe with his kid son. The trick was that in each country, they would make a few stops and make some local dishes with chefs from that area. No matter how you feel about him, it was pretty cool. But in one of the episodes that we saw, they were making paella, and spent a lot of time talking abut it and how hard it is to get it right, "peasant" dish though it was.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:burp:

It was DELICIOUS!!! I had the seared scallops over wild mushroom risotto in a buerre blanc sauce, Dessert as crème brulee.

Definitely will be going back!

The place has been refurbished very nicely. Light and airy. It did get a bit loud, but the place as also packed. Highly recommend reservations.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:burp:

It was DELICIOUS!!! I had the seared scallops over wild mushroom orzo in a buerre blanc sauce, Dessert as crème brulee.

Definitely will be going back!

The place has been refurbished very nicely. Light and airy. It did get a bit loud, but the place as also packed. Highly recommend reservations.
Thanks for the great company and glad you enjoyed it as I did. :love: I had the crabcakes and they were OMG good! Will definitely be going back. And right now you HAVE to have reservations as they are not doing walk-ins yet.

Pics to follow.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Crabcakes

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I took a look at the reviews. This one really stands out:
Reservations REQUIRED. Nuf said
Second attempt got there at 4 plenty of tables but the said reservation REQUIRED
Part 2
The Matrade did end up seating us but she was very rough.
The food was fantastic and the wait staff were outstanding.
On the way out I may a point to thank the Matradee for seating us and she said in a scolding voice "Next Time Get Reservation"
She was extremely rude.
It is too bad it is a very nice restaurant but I and not likely to return because of that experience.
I felt like I was in the presents of the Soup guy on Seinfield.

Something tells me he would have been better off at McDonalds.