swimming lessons for todlers?

MarieB

I thought you just dropped babies in the water and they magically began to swim.

That survival swimming stuff for infants was big where I used to live. I was never comfortable with it.

Today, I looked up classes at great mills pool for my kids' ages and the classes were all full. Not sure about toddlers. I did come across a private teacher on a site. She only had one review, but I try to find it again and post it when I'm not on my phone

As to the person who said teach your own, that's not always possible and teachers have those tricks that help mom work with the toddler. Why is there is always a hater

BernieP

Resident PIA
That survival swimming stuff for infants was big where I used to live. I was never comfortable with it.

Today, I looked up classes at great mills pool for my kids' ages and the classes were all full. Not sure about toddlers. I did come across a private teacher on a site. She only had one review, but I try to find it again and post it when I'm not on my phone

As to the person who said teach your own, that's not always possible and teachers have those tricks that help mom work with the toddler. Why is there is always a hater

I forgot about the GM pool. It's been awhile, not sure how young they let them in the pool. My guess is they have to be potty trained and not in a diaper. That's typical for most public pools
Try CSM and St. Mary's College

MarieB

I forgot about the GM pool. It's been awhile, not sure how young they let them in the pool. My guess is they have to be potty trained and not in a diaper. That's typical for most public pools
Try CSM and St. Mary's College

Nah. There are swim diapers

They have mom/dad and toddler swim lessons

karmama

There is an excellent instructor teaching at Hickory Hills this summer. Her schedule fills up fast and her prices are reasonable. The classes run Monday-Thursday in two week sessions. Check with Pat at Hickory Hills (301-863-RENT) for the name/number/registration information.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
I took my son and the lessons were him WITH me I showed him everything. So I'm not sure about your comment :ohwell:
If I may ...

Your question was "Anyone know where i can get swimming lessons gor my todler?"

The point I was trying to make, without trying to sound like a hater, is why must people rely so much on others to do for them what really amounts up to simple things? It is not that hard to teach your child how to swim, by yourself. I taught mine and it was a very enjoyable experience. Do people find other people to teach their child to ride a bicycle? To walk? Does a father send his son, or daughter, to impersonal classroom training on firearm safety? Or does he teach them himself and take them to the range, or a farm, to become proficient? It seems to me that we as a society have pawned off so much of our, simple and common sense, parental responsibilities. Just an opinion, not meant to offend anyone.

KDENISE977

If I may ...

Your question was "Anyone know where i can get swimming lessons gor my todler?"

The point I was trying to make, without trying to sound like a hater, is why must people rely so much on others to do for them what really amounts up to simple things? It is not that hard to teach your child how to swim, by yourself. I taught mine and it was a very enjoyable experience. Do people find other people to teach their child to ride a bicycle? To walk? Does a father send his son, or daughter, to impersonal classroom training on firearm safety? Or does he teach them himself and take them to the range, or a farm, to become proficient? It seems to me that we as a society have pawned off so much of our, simple and common sense, parental responsibilities. Just an opinion, not meant to offend anyone.

Wasn't my question, was the OP question. :ohwell:

Roman

My kids are now in their late 30's, and early 40's now. But when they were babies, the YMCA/YWCA had lessons where the parents participated in the whole thing. My youngest was 6 months old when she started. By the time she was 18 months old, she was jumping off the high dive (with spotters) and swam to the ladder by herself. LightRoasted, although you said you weren't a hater", your post made you sound like one. I really do not think anyone here wants to shrug the responsibility off on other's. I think these parents want a good starting foundation, and then the rest will follow, with summer outings...Just sayin.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
LightRoasted, although you said you weren't a hater", your post made you sound like one. I really do not think anyone here wants to shrug the responsibility off on other's. I think these parents want a good starting foundation, and then the rest will follow, with summer outings...Just sayin.
If I may ...

I must then take more time to properly choose words that will convey a sense of laid backless, as having a pleasant and quite conversation with a friend. Apologizes.

Roman

If I may ...

I must then take more time to properly choose words that will convey a sense of laid backless, as having a pleasant and quite conversation with a friend. Apologizes.
No apologies needed. But thank you anyway. Have a great weekend.