Swine flu nasal spray...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone wanna explain why you have to go see a doctor to have a nasal spray shot up your nose?

Absent a sound medical reason, is this not ever more indication of just what is wrong with our medical system in particular and we, the people in general?

Vince

Anyone wanna explain why you have to go see a doctor to have a nasal spray shot up your nose?

Absent a sound medical reason, is this not ever more indication of just what is wrong with our medical system in particular and we, the people in general?
Good question. Wish I had an answer. It seems that they could just hand out a one shot up your nose spray and that's that.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Probably because selling a LIVE vaccine at walmart is NOT a good idea. Bosses and teachers would be in grave danger of mysteriously contracting the illness.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Probably because selling a LIVE vaccine at walmart is NOT a good idea. Bosses and teachers would be in grave danger of mysteriously contracting the illness.

And employees would be in grave danger of going to jail for it.
We have all sorts of poisons and dangerous things readily available now. Good lord, we pump our own gas without a major catastrophe every 5 seconds.

:shrug:

I am not suggesting this be without prescriptions or normal, common sense controls. It just seems absurd to have to go to the doctors to have some stuff snuffed up your snoz.

SoMDGirl42

It's to prevent the stupid people from killing themselves. Have you ever read any of the warnings on even OTC medications? My favorite, Preparation H. Do not take orally.

But in all seriousness, you'd have to call the doctor to get the RX sent to the pharmacy anyway. Half the doctors will never just call in an RX. There are people that shouldn't receive the nose spray in the first place. Then there are the people that may have a serious or even fatal allergic reaction to it. CYA for the docs.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And employees would be in grave danger of going to jail for it.
We have all sorts of poisons and dangerous things readily available now. Good lord, we pump our own gas without a major catastrophe every 5 seconds.

:shrug:

I am not suggesting this be without prescriptions or normal, common sense controls. It just seems absurd to have to go to the doctors to have some stuff snuffed up your snoz.

Agreed. But you couldn't prove you gave someone swine flu. It would be a pretty perfect crime. Grandma a little under the weather? ahh little swine flu in her pudding..and boom you got your inheritance. too easy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Agreed. But you couldn't prove you gave someone swine flu. It would be a pretty perfect crime. Grandma a little under the weather? ahh little swine flu in her pudding..and boom you got your inheritance. too easy.

Well, look at the little black heart on you!

What's your grandma's name and phone number. Come on, cough it up. I'm having a little chat with her...

Nah, all you'd have to do is contact someone that has it and get some hankies and then go see Grammy.

NTNG

You dont have to go to an MDs office to get your swine flu vaccine. Some drug stores, grocery stores, and places of employment, are offering the vaccine. Most times its a nurse or PA giving the vaccine, not an MD. Certain jurisdictions have Paramedics administering the vaccine. SMC is trying to get everything lined up to allow thier Paramedics to adminster the vaccine.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You dont have to go to an MDs office to get your swine flu vaccine. Some drug stores, grocery stores, and places of employment, are offering the vaccine. Most times its a nurse or PA giving the vaccine, not an MD. Certain jurisdictions have Paramedics administering the vaccine. SMC is trying to get everything lined up to allow thier Paramedics to adminster the vaccine.

Now I am happy-er. Much better and thank you! :buddies:

Pete

Repete

I don't think any vaccine is "Live". they are dead virus used to clue your immune system into making antibodies to fight possible future infections.

Kinda like a football teams defense watching film on a potential foe. It clues them what to look for and how to combat it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think any vaccine is "Live". they are dead virus used to clue your immune system into making antibodies to fight possible future infections.

Kinda like a football teams defense watching film on a potential foe. It clues them what to look for and how to combat it.

I know, I know, and you and grandma made the best ones in the county back in the day...

:lol:

SoMDGirl42

Not true. The Polio vaccine is live. I'm just saying..............

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

The virus in the shot is a killed virus that does as you described. The nasal mist is indeed "live" but weakened, or "attenuated" This is closest to an actual infection and therfore it is believed to create a stronger reaction and stronger immunity.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No I read about it in medical school :lol:

I know, I know, grandma ran the best medical school in the county back in the day, dirt floors, wood stove, voodoo, old chalkboard, plenty of farm animals to dissect, you had to walk 10 miles to and from in the brutal year round Cobb County snowdrifts every day, no shoes...

Pete

Repete
The virus in the shot is a killed virus that does as you described. The nasal mist is indeed "live" but weakened, or "attenuated" This is closest to an actual infection and therfore it is believed to create a stronger reaction and stronger immunity.

Ahh must be to be effectively introduced via a mucus membrane it must be live.

Pete

Repete
I know, I know, grandma ran the best medical school in the county back in the day, dirt floors, wood stove, voodoo, old chalkboard, plenty of farm animals to dissect, you had to walk 10 miles to and from in the brutal year round Cobb County snowdrifts every day, no shoes...

Cobb county was too metropolitan, hell that is practically Atlanta :lol: