Synergism vs Monergism

StoneThrower

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEQlykadpFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJnAELXCmTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Starman3000m

Calvinism negates the Gospel of Salvation that was proclaimed by The New Testament Jesus Christ and which was entrusted to His Disciples in The Great Commission.

Additionally, Calvinism takes the blame away from Satan for deceiving mankind and places the blame on God for sending people to Hell through "His own design." Through his teaching, Calvin used Bible text much like Satan did in the Garden of Eden to make God out to be "the bad guy". :nono:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm glad you have found a new dead horse to beat. It's good to change things up occasionally.

Speaking of change, do you think god changes? You have said Calvinists limit god's abilities. What if the difference is due to god changing, or intentionally - for whatever reason - showing different perspectives to different people? Is that not possible?

Starman3000m

...Speaking of change, do you think god changes? You have said Calvinists limit god's abilities. What if the difference is due to god changing, or intentionally - for whatever reason - showing different perspectives to different people? Is that not possible?

Glad you asked:

For I am the LORD, I change not. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 3:6-7)

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8)

God has given mankind many chances to come to Him in repentance; to believe in Him and to place complete faith in His guidance. God has never changed in His Will regarding that no one should perish but that they would repent and turn to Him.

Mankind is spiritually separated by God through the disobedience of Adam and Eve but God has provided THE WAY by which one can be reconciled with God and that is through placing faith in The New Testament Jesus Christ. In the final analysis, it is Jesus who is The Way, The Truth and The Life and no one can come to God except through trusting in The Atoning Blood of Jesus that He shed to give the Promise of Eternal Life in Heaven for all who believe upon His Name; that He is The Son of God, Lamb of God and Saviour of mankind.

No, God does not change His Message for how mankind can be saved with the included caveat of what the consequences will be for denying Him and calling Him a liar:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. (John 3:16-21) NIV

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (1 John 5:10-12)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Last edited: