Tack consignment shop

Hoover

Okay Southern Maryland if there was a local tack consignment shop like Maryland Saddlery - would you use it? I am thinking of La Plata/Whie Plains area or maybe Hughesville for one since Oakridge is close. Please let me know your comments I am considering this.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'd use it and Hughesville sounds good, fairly centric and can draw in people from AA county too.

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
coming from PAX or St. Inigoes after work I would definately be able to get to Hughesville but not to La Plata during the week...

and if I am going to make a special trip during the weekend that far White Plains I will go up to Crofton and hit both Dover and the Consignment shop..

so my vote is for Hughesville Area

erinjograves

I would def use it! I was just talking to Mom about me re-opening Lucy's Majic, but she had some great words of wisdom like "your nuts" and "hahahahaha!". I do remember alot of the issues, other than the county being complete jerks when we moved, was that alot of people would come in to see the things in person, try on clothes, touch and feel stuff and then order it all online. Online and Magazine sales were our biggest competitors. They ultimately ended Lucy's Majic.

aceyswan

I would use it too, there is one in AA county and she does pretty well I think?

Perhaps don't offer new stuff, or limit it to fly stuff and treats? lots of room for saddles, since they are the big money items, for the owner anyway.

I would say I wouldn't do it if the fee was 50/50 and maybe not even if it was 40/60,,,, but that would be your call... To get people to do it rather than take it to a tack swap or the flea market it would have to be worth it to the seller...

Good luck!

Hoover

I would def use it! I was just talking to Mom about me re-opening Lucy's Majic, but she had some great words of wisdom like "your nuts" and "hahahahaha!". I do remember alot of the issues, other than the county being complete jerks when we moved, was that alot of people would come in to see the things in person, try on clothes, touch and feel stuff and then order it all online. Online and Magazine sales were our biggest competitors. They ultimately ended Lucy's Majic.

I miss your store!!!