Tack stores with saddles in SOMD?

Sparks

Dover in Crofton
Gayer's Saddlery in Upper Marlboro
Elam Stauffer in Loveville

Specifically in So. MD. please. There are two I think Just One More Tack and/or Just a Little Bit Tack - are these one in the same?

Last edited:

fredsaid2

Specifically in So. MD. please. There are two I think Just One More Tack and/or Just a Little Bit Tack - are these one in the same?

Elams carries Stubben, that might suit you for an eventing saddle.

Just a Little Bit of Tack is Farmgirl in Leonardtown. Don't know if she carries much inventory. You might need to hit Dover's to sit on the saddle and order from her.

Just One More Tack is the one that used to be in Prince Frederick, closed then re-opened nearer to PGEC (I think). Phyxius posted a location I believe.

Dover's has an event saddle in their Circuit line. Not top of the line but decent. They run some amazing deals if you're looking to keep costs low.

Sparks

Thanks fred. I wasn't sure if it was the same store or not.

I was specifically looking at the Toulouse saddles. It's for a friend of mine. She needs to find an inexpensive jump saddle.

My friend will be selling her stubben roxanne if anyone is interested. Doesn't fit her horse.

CountryLady

luvmyponies

they are different,
Not sure about Just a little bit Tack.
I think someone that frequents the forum runs it.

Just wasn't sure they had the variety.
Just one mor take and saddlery moved not sure where her new place is. I would call her before you make the trip. I think her previous store was bigger and not a lot of variety then.

I am sure any of them could order you want you want if you knew exactly what that was. When you have to do that, you can most often find what you want on line cheaper tho.

Just one more tack and saddelery number is 410-414-7466 still in the prince fredric area i think. Call and see what she has.

Ryceville also has saddles but not a big variety of english.

fredsaid2

I was specifically looking at the Toulouse saddles. It's for a friend of mine. She needs to find an inexpensive jump saddle.

My friend will be selling her stubben roxanne if anyone is interested. Doesn't fit her horse.

Smartpak carries Toulouse. I don't think I remember seeing them at the Crofton Dover's though you can order from the catalog. Might have to find a place that will send a trial saddle to check for fit. People on COTH seems to like them a lot for the price point. Happy shopping!

Sparks

Smartpak carries Toulouse. I don't think I remember seeing them at the Crofton Dover's though you can order from the catalog. Might have to find a place that will send a trial saddle to check for fit. People on COTH seems to like them a lot for the price point. Happy shopping!

Was hoping to find the saddles locally so she could try them before buying.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)

What does she need? I have a courbette alpine

Sparks

Actually yes Fred! Another friend bought a Toulouse from MD Saddlery this summer - the monoflap. That's why I thought if it for this friend. Thanks for the article, I'll show it to her.

Robin

Elams carries Stubben, that might suit you for an eventing saddle.

Just a Little Bit of Tack is Farmgirl in Leonardtown. Don't know if she carries much inventory. You might need to hit Dover's to sit on the saddle and order from her.

Just One More Tack is the one that used to be in Prince Frederick, closed then re-opened nearer to PGEC (I think). Phyxius posted a location I believe.

Dover's has an event saddle in their Circuit line. Not top of the line but decent. They run some amazing deals if you're looking to keep costs low.

Just one more is in Huntingtown on Rt 4 I believe next door to Guidos Liquors. There is also a newer building next door that sells Kawasawki, Honda? jet skis, some boats? 4 wheelers? I remember it being some sort of motorsports store.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Just one more is in Huntingtown on Rt 4 I believe next door to Guidos Liquors. There is also a newer building next door that sells Kawasawki, Honda? jet skis, some boats? 4 wheelers? I remember it being some sort of motorsports store.

I heard it was a little bit north, but that is farther than I thought.

The lady that runs the place is real nice, but I would call before making the trip. She use to have a habit of closing early (before posted store hours). :whistle: But if you call her she makes herself available. :coffee:

www.justonemoretack.com

ALSO it is an older edition but some of the tack stores are listed here:
http://www.somarylandsogood.com/pdf/FinalEquineGuide08.pdf

I forgot about Wheatley’s Tack Shop

another link that I thought was nice:
Maryland Tack Shops - Horse Tack Stores

Last edited:

FrmGrl

Get some!
I run Just A Lil Bit Tack. I do carry Toulouse but since we are moving any day to Florida I do not have any in stock now. Can order them but trying to lighten the inventory until we move.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

Sorry I've been busy! Yes, Just One More is located next to Guido's Liquors in Huntingtown. It's on the southbound side of the road just north of Bowie Shop Road.

Sparks, definitely check out Elam @ Loveville Leather! Great prices, great products and he's also a saddle fitter. I've taken two of my horses down there to try out saddles and ride around before buying them. I love my Stubbens! But, he also carries Bates if that's your thing.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Also, Melvin foster has a lot of used saddles. I was in the market for western and I know he has a ton of them. NOT sure about how many english he has but i do know he had some. You might want to call them to see what they have, if money is an issue.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
CHECK OUT EBAY

there are a bunch on there, not sure what size you are looking for.

SEARCH:
saddles english, Toulouse

Sparks

Sorry I've been busy! Yes, Just One More is located next to Guido's Liquors in Huntingtown. It's on the southbound side of the road just north of Bowie Shop Road.

Sparks, definitely check out Elam @ Loveville Leather! Great prices, great products and he's also a saddle fitter. I've taken two of my horses down there to try out saddles and ride around before buying them. I love my Stubbens! But, he also carries Bates if that's your thing.

I'm fairly certain since she's selling her stubben that she doesn't want another one. Just not right for her and her horse.

I'm actually having Gina the County Rep out next week for willow. Darn horse is costing me ........

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Gak. I thought you were lookng for you! Gina will try two things. One, she'll try to sell you a County whether it fits or not. And two she'll see of you know Vanessa and pretend like they're best buds.