Tackle Box broken into...guns stolen

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Every barrier can be defeated, the question is how much work someone has to do to beat it. Over time the mortor breaks down and the block is hollow.
Now cover that block wall with wire mesh and stucco and it becomes more difficult to penetrate. Steel rebar inside the block, what's behind the block wall (interior finish). But a lot of older buildings it's just the block, and tht can be cracked withuot to much effort - hammer and chisel, sledge hammer

It could be sheathed with 1/4" A-36 steel plate too. Or titanium....ballistic Kevlar.....all three...

I'm pretty sure Ken was looking at those block walls and musing: "Ya know..I bet somebody is going to bust a hole right through that soon. I oughta spend a lot of money to armor the building."

That's what I would have done.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Investigative Journalism. I like it. :clap:

BTW, your website is really becoming a great go to site for news in our area. Thanks!

The only negative I see is the ignorant commenters that spread some really stupid crap on there. Seems like the baynettards all moved over there now.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It could be sheathed with 1/4" A-36 steel plate too. Or titanium....ballistic Kevlar.....all three...

I'm pretty sure Ken was looking at those block walls and musing: "Ya know..I bet somebody is going to bust a hole right through that soon. I oughta spend a lot of money to armor the building."

That's what I would have done.

Since it's happened exactly the same way before, are you saying he was not aware that the walls were so easily broken through?

Go ahead and take it to extremes, but if you actually went back and re-read the posts you'd see that most peope only desire that they step it up a notch. Make themselves a less convenient target so the theives skip the place and head to the 'Dorf.

How hard would it be to make the display case a little more secure? It was asked of you earlier, how about a reply?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Since it's happened exactly the same way before, are you saying he was not aware that the walls were so easily broken through?

Go ahead and take it to extremes, but if you actually went back and re-read the posts you'd see that most peope only desire that they step it up a notch. Make themselves a less convenient target so the theives skip the place and head to the 'Dorf.

How hard would it be to make the display case a little more secure? It was asked of you earlier, how about a reply?

I'm taking it to extremes? LMAO. Okey dokey. I'll put my pitchfork away now.

How hard would it be to make absolutely 100% certain that nothing could ever stolen from the building ever again? Because if another theft did occur anyway..clearly not enough was done to prevent it and he oughta be shut down.

Amirite?:coffee:

Easy solution for the Tackle Box; install a fish tank around the perimeter and fill it with sharks with laser beams on their heads, problem solved.

Added bonus is that this is after all, the Tackle Box and sharks fit nicely in the business theme...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wonder how long Tackle Box remains open regardless...with competition from Ed's, Target, Walmart, Bob's Fishing Place, Accurate..etc etc...when not that many years ago, TB was almost the "only game in town" for the fishing/hunting/shooting customer.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I wonder how long Tackle Box remains open regardless...with competition from Ed's, Target, Walmart, Bob's Fishing Place, Accurate..etc etc...when not that many years ago, TB was almost the "only game in town" for the fishing/hunting/shooting customer.

The real challenge comes from DICK'S

Walmart, Target, Kmart are nothing in the way of a challege compared to the inventory of DICK'S.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The real challenge comes from DICK'S

Walmart, Target, Kmart are nothing in the way of a challege compared to the inventory of DICK'S.

That's what I meant..Ed's..Dick's..Bob's..I get confused easily when my meds have run out.:whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
oh well...

Attachments

• 3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg
    3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 86