Taj Mahal of Valley Lee

TPD

the poor dad
When is the projected opening? Will there be charging stations? Will they be able to afford to heat the place? Lots of questions.

glhs837

Power with Control
Apparently I'm behind the times. What fine structure is being erected in Valley Lee?

The valley volunteer fire department has a gargantuan new building. Unless you think I miss you, the word gargantuan You cannot gainsay me until you drive down there and take a look. Wife and I have cruise by a couple times and just marveled at the size of it.

WheezyCarl

The valley volunteer fire department has a gargantuan new building. Unless you think I miss you, the word gargantuan You cannot gainsay me until you drive down there and take a look. Wife and I have cruise by a couple times and just marveled at the size of it.
Is a building of that size necessary way out in the stix? Why such a large building? HVFD has a giant hall large enough to host most events. Are they looking to cash in on the rental of the facility?

TPD

the poor dad
Is a building of that size necessary way out in the stix? Why such a large building? HVFD has a giant hall large enough to host most events. Are they looking to cash in on the rental of the facility?
I’m guessing you don’t know any fire/rescue personnel in the Valley Lee area because they would have already answered your question.

TPD

the poor dad
Not off the top of my head. Do tell....
I don’t know any either but what I do know is that they will tell you yes a building that size is absolutely needed in the stix! They will say if they save just one house or one life with that new building it was well worth it.

WheezyCarl

I don’t know any either but what I do know is that they will tell you yes a building that size is absolutely needed in the stix! They will say if they save just one house or one life with that new building it was well worth it.
As a daughter of a life long fire fighter, I cannot dispute your theory.

Reactions: TPD

DaSDGuy

Oh, OK. It has been designed to withstand category 5 hurricane winds and 30 foot storm surge. It will be the primary evacuation location when any storm approaches, right? That's how a building saves lives. Otherwise it's a just there to make money.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm sure our house would still be standing if they'd had the fancy new building already.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ridge VFD is jealous?

GregV814

The new firehouse in Prince Frederick is very large. Go big or go home. I will NEVER argue their worth,

However...

I wonder......who has money invested in the architects, contractors, brick & concrete companies. Jumi Hogan??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The new firehouse in Prince Frederick is very large. Go big or go home. I will NEVER argue their worth,

However...

I wonder......who has money invested in the architects, contractors, brick & concrete companies. Jumi Hogan??
At least they kept the Valley Lee contract very local.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

As huge as it is, it has no event facility. It's simply a castle for the VFD
Well, they could just empty the garage and park all the apparatus elsewhere and use the floor for events. The Prince Frederick Fire House, even before their grand behemoth was built, used their apparatus floor for events and such. Not approving of the gross spending and size of the Taj Mahal of Valley Lee, nor of the Prince Frederick one which still, in my opinion, had several more decades of serviceable use before being torn down and replaced. But, events can still be held, though with very high ceilings, and a not so comfy, as in a normal closed space, atmosphere.