Taliban Footage From Operation Redwing

TreeRat

Always a Good Target
This makes me sick with rage.

Too many people in this country and abroad have forgotten what savages we face in what is still a GLOBAL WAR on terror.

On a technical note. You can gauge the great distance in the fight by the duration of small arms tracer and RPG impacts. If it were not for the cowardly use of the IED, these guys would not have chance. They can't shoot for ####.

TR

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
This makes me sick with rage.

Too many people in this country and abroad have forgotten what savages we face in what is still a GLOBAL WAR on terror.

On a technical note. You can gauge the great distance in the fight by the duration of small arms tracer and RPG impacts. If it were not for the cowardly use of the IED, these guys would not have chance.

TR

I always like watching the IR footage from the gun ships firing down upon the F*&&%ers

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What the hell do you people want? By and large these people are stone age. Or were. Al queda, if anyone cares to recall, got us with a bunch of freaking box cutters and the Taliban didn't have a damn thing to do with 9/11. They beat their women with sticks. And have POS AK's and a few broken down tanks.

Now, with THEIR land invaded in our botched effort to get OBL, they have all sorts of battle tested skills and equipment they could only dream of 7 years ago. Note now how they garner all sorts of battlefield intel and seem to know how to put it to use.

It sickens me that good men have been used up and for what? To keep the Taliban from launching ICBM's at us? Or from getting running water? Bush messed this up in December '01 when we effing had OBL boxed in and the guys on the ground were given this limitation and that limitation and he freaking got away.

When a president orders these folks into harms way to fight to defend our nation, he is obligated to let them do the job they were trained to do and not expend them playing politics. Once the sword is drawn, they need to be used, or be put away. They are not toys. They are not pawns.

Bush mistake was not in going in. His mistakes was in going in and then not letting people do the damn job. And come home.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
What the hell do you people want? By and large these people are stone age. Or were. Al queda, if anyone cares to recall, got us with a bunch of freaking box cutters and the Taliban didn't have a damn thing to do with 9/11. They beat their women with sticks. And have POS AK's and a few broken down tanks.

Now, with THEIR land invaded in our botched effort to get OBL, they have all sorts of battle tested skills and equipment they could only dream of 7 years ago. Note now how they garner all sorts of battlefield intel and seem to know how to put it to use.

It sickens me that good men have been used up and for what? To keep the Taliban from launching ICBM's at us? Or from getting running water? Bush messed this up in December '01 when we effing had OBL boxed in and the guys on the ground were given this limitation and that limitation and he freaking got away.

When a president orders these folks into harms way to fight to defend our nation, he is obligated to let them do the job they were trained to do and not expend them playing politics. Once the sword is drawn, they need to be used, or be put away. They are not toys. They are not pawns.

Bush mistake was not in going in. His mistakes was in going in and then not letting people do the damn job. And come home.

If you read the book, it says that they were undecided how to handle the "Goat herders" that stumbled upon them. They wanted to just kill them, but they knew they would get slaughtered in the media back home. They let them go and the "goat herders" brought the army back.

R

RadioPatrol

Anyone familiar with the "Lone Survivor" story might be interested in this. If footage of dead bodies, namely the 3 SEAL's that didn't come down off that mountain that day bothers you then don't click this link.

damn got the GPS, Radios, laptop ... damn hi tech rag heads used a usb adp to swap the drive ....

may they all rot in Hell (the Taliban)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RadioPatrol

If you read the book, it says that they were undecided how to handle the "Goat herders" that stumbled upon them. They wanted to just kill them, but they knew they would get slaughtered in the media back home. They let them go and the "goat herders" brought the army back.

I read this almost cost us a team in DS they were able to get an Evac .... and the British lost most of an SAS unit over a couple boys herding Goats

Bravo Two Zero

TreeRat

Always a Good Target

Agree with most of this including the decision to allow the Northern Alliance F troop to run point at Tora Bora.

Cleaning out the Taliban, albiet temporary, was worthy enough as they were allied with UBL and allowed "The Base" to organize, train, and operate, enabling September 11th 2001.

TR