Talk about your Slave Wages...

Tidewater

A federal jury found a wealthy suburban couple guilty Friday of harboring an illegal immigrant and forcing her to work as their maid for 19 years.
...from the CNN article

Slave wages

Um, and not only were they not US citizens themselves, other than the son born here, they enslaved one of their fellow countrywomen.

My guess is that they knew they could get away with it. I'm hoping the forfeiture of their 1.2 million dollar home--with the proceeds going to Ms Martinez.

People are so cruel....:tantrum

Your thoughts?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't they still have slavery in the Phillipines?

I think you're being very judgemental and non-diverse. :smack:

Tidewater

I guess in this particular case I'm not. As far as legal slavery in the Phillipines, I certainly hadn't heard about it...but then, I miss things sometimes. :doh:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I wouldn't mind having a slave. (I'm not talking about a slave of a particular race or creed). Any type of slave would do. I have no interest in an indentured servant; I want a full-fledged slave that I could boss around at will. I want my house cleaned, my laundry done, my truck maintained, washed, and waxed, and I want my meals prepared daily. Come to think of it, maybe I just want a wife. But I really don't want any of that back-talk, whether it be from my slave or my wife.

Tidewater

BadGirl,

I think we'd all like to dream of someone to handle our chores and wait on us. But likely we'd end up feeling guilty after a day or two and end up waiting on them instead.

:faint:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Tidewater said:
BadGirl,

I think we'd all like to dream of someone to handle our chores and wait on us. But likely we'd end up feeling guilty after a day or two and end up waiting on them instead.

:faint:
Trust me on this. I rarely feel guilty for anything. So, in sayin that I want a slave, I can pretty much say with absolute certaintly that I'd love to have a slave. No guilt or remorse on my part.

Naturally, seeing as the laws do not favor people with my opinion, I will not have a slave. That makes me sad, because I really had my heart set on getting one.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BadGirl said:
Trust me on this. I rarely feel guilty for anything. So, in sayin that I want a slave, I can pretty much say with absolute certaintly that I'd love to have a slave. No guilt or remorse on my part.

Naturally, seeing as the laws do not favor people with my opinion, I will not have a slave. That makes me sad, because I really had my heart set on getting one.
I did too. :huggy:

Mikeinsmd

BadGirl said:
I wouldn't mind having a slave. (I'm not talking about a slave of a particular race or creed). Any type of slave would do. I have no interest in an indentured servant; I want a full-fledged slave that I could boss around at will. I want my house cleaned, my laundry done, my truck maintained, washed, and waxed, and I want my meals prepared daily. Come to think of it, maybe I just want a wife. But I really don't want any of that back-talk, whether it be from my slave or my wife.
You have one named Bob. :howdy:

Tidewater

Glad for you guys, but for me, I doubt that would be something I could handle well. I must be among the flawed. :banghead: ...LOL

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Tidewater said:
...from the CNN article

Slave wages

Um, and not only were they not US citizens themselves, other than the son born here, they enslaved one of their fellow countrywomen.

My guess is that they knew they could get away with it. I'm hoping the forfeiture of their 1.2 million dollar home--with the proceeds going to Ms Martinez.

People are so cruel....:tantrum

Your thoughts?

What setting do you have your post in, I mean as far as making the words REALLY BIG? NOT THAT I MIND.

Tidewater

Sorry, I think it took it from the quote post...and when I continued on, it did look really big. I know that's not normal posting procedure, but I didn't think much of it to be truthful.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Tidewater said:
Sorry, I think it took it from the quote post...and when I continued on, it did look really big. I know that's not normal posting procedure, but I didn't think much of it to be truthful.
Excused from the usual banter.....I so love your stories. :huggy:

Tidewater

'preciate the smiles BS Gal.

And your avatar makes us all wish we were there! :hot:

Cuz it really is warmin' up this weekend

Slaves arent all that great believe me.; First, just like pets you have to feed them, then you have to clothe them. If they get sick there are the vet bills wait doctor bills. that sounds better. Blue Cross family doesnt include slaves. How about dental. You have to build a shack out back for their sleeping, and there is no guarantee you wont get a lazy one. Nope its a lot cheaper to just hire an illegal during the day and let them do all the rest for themselves.

Southern slave owners had just about figured that out when the Civil war started and slavery would have probably died on its own in a few years if the war hadnt started.
The North was much smarter where that was concerned, instead of Slaves they had the Irish and Italians who they paid starvation wages worked half to death in sweat shops drove their kids like they were mules working the hell out of 7 year olds. When you come to think of it the rich Northerners even hired the Irish to die for them in the War of Northern Aggression. They drafted the irish and a rich man could buy himself out for $400 dollars.
Thinking again I believe the new bill lets an illegal buy American Citizenship for $2,000 dollars. Whoever voted for that bill needs a cattle prod up his butt.