Tall Boots

Dare2Dream

Livin the dream
I was just wondering if anybody knew where I could get zippers and gussets put in my tall boots. I live in St. Mary's but can travel a bit. Thanks!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am going to take my current pair to Journeyman's in Middleburg, VA when I get the new ones. My next off Friday I will be taking them up there. My boots don't have zippers in them, and in the middle of summer it takes showsheen, and stomping on them to go on.

It is going to cost me 90.00 for both boots to have a gusset put in. It is worth it considering that a pair of semi-custom are 600+ dollars. I have a wide calf that is difficult to fit.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Did they give you a wait time? I takes quit a bit of time for chaps. You might not get your boots back very soon.

He said about a week and half. I have my new boots coming on Wednesday. This is going to be my spare pair that are going in for gussets.

Duckz

You might try here Ronald Sargent's Outback Leather Laurel MD - Largest & Fastest Leather Repairs Facility on the East Coast.

I don't know what it would cost for the alterations, could be a better value to buy new boots w/ zippers.

You could buy a decent pair of boots for what it will cost to have zippers and gussets put in at Outback. He quoted me $100 per boot for zippers and then who knows how much more for the gussets. I've seen work he's done on other people's boots. To be honest, I wouldn't want him messing with my show boots other than to stretch them.

Sparks

You could buy a decent pair of boots for what it will cost to have zippers and gussets put in at Outback. He quoted me $100 per boot for zippers and then who knows how much more for the gussets. I've seen work he's done on other people's boots. To be honest, I wouldn't want him messing with my show boots other than to stretch them.

OMG - $100. per boot. That's way too much.

What does he charge to stretch them?

Duckz

OMG - $100. per boot. That's way too much.

What does he charge to stretch them?

$25 as of a couple years ago.

Going to Outback is a little like going to that tack shop in Upper Marlboro. He'll tell you why you're wrong, he'll tell you what you should do, why everyone else is out to charge you too much, and then you'll pay too much anyway and still not be entirely happy with the results.

I'm saving my money for customs :coffee:

covekat

I have a pair of Dehner still sitting at Rons... I had forgotten all about them. I got a call a few weeks ago as a friendly reminder, they have been there for 6 yrs!!! I had them stretched, and they told me I owed $10 bucks. I've known Ron forever though, he used to make my chaps 30 years ago!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
$25 as of a couple years ago.

Going to Outback is a little like going to that tack shop in Upper Marlboro. He'll tell you why you're wrong, he'll tell you what you should do, why everyone else is out to charge you too much, and then you'll pay too much anyway and still not be entirely happy with the results.

I'm saving my money for customs :coffee:

Are you saying Gayers is not a happy place to visit!!:killingme:howdy: