tamoxifen side effects

shilo

The oncologist I am seeing after recently having bilateral mastectomy would like for me to start on tamoxifen. I have been reading a lot about it and am uncomfortable about the side effects I am reading about. Is there anyone on the drug that would be comfortable sharing their experience? This is a big decision so I appreciate any thoughts.

squidword

The oncologist I am seeing after recently having bilateral mastectomy would like for me to start on tamoxifen. I have been reading a lot about it and am uncomfortable about the side effects I am reading about. Is there anyone on the drug that would be comfortable sharing their experience? This is a big decision so I appreciate any thoughts.

i am no longer taking tamoxifen but did take it for awhile cant remember exacatly how long. the only side effect that i had while taking this was i started out taking it at night and i would fall asleep and wake up a few hours later with hot flashes. i switched to taking it in the morning and after a day or 2 never had another problem with it. good luck to you. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Been taking it for a year now with no ill effects, but being male it's unlikely I'd see a lot of the side effects.

shilo

Thank you both. Weight gain is one of my fears. I quit smoking recently and am already experiencing some from that. From what I have read it seems most people claim to put on 25 to 30 pounds on tamoxifen.