Tanning Salons in PF

H

HouseCat

Hey Ladies,

Anyone live in/near Prince Frederick who can recommend a good tanning salon that has turbo tanning and good rates? I really need to do something about my complexion before the locals start chasing me with stakes and holy water. :ohwell:

H

HouseCat

I hear you, but no one in my family mom, or dad's side has ANY kind of cancer. Not that that will keep me from getting it, but that does make me less likely.

Every time I mention tanning to the hubby, he thinks I'm going to get extreme about it and end up looking like Magda off of Something about Mary. I just want to tan 4-5 times so I acquire some sort of humanly color like beige, or pink and that's it.

I hear you, but no one in my family mom, or dad's side has ANY kind of cancer. Not that that will keep me from getting it, but that does make me less likely.

Every time I mention tanning to the hubby, he thinks I'm going to get extreme about it and end up looking like Magda off of Something about Mary. I just want to tan 4-5 times so I acquire some sort of humanly color like beige, or pink and that's it.

My Grandfather died of skin cancer, so I'm touchy about it. Plus, over time, your skin will look like leather. It's not worth it to me. To each his/her own though.

Ladybug76

I don't know of any places either.

Sorry, I gave up that addiction long ago. Skin cancer isn't my thing. :shrug:

I really do believe that it's an addiction. I don't smoke, drink, etc, but I love a good tan. I don't do it though because I'm from the desert where I spent most of my life nearly baked brown and both my parents have had basal cell carcinoma (spelling?). My mom has already had 5 spots cut out of her face. Hits way too close to home for me!

I really do believe that it's an addiction. I don't smoke, drink, etc, but I love a good tan. I don't do it though because I'm from the desert where I spent most of my life nearly baked brown and both my parents have had basal cell carcinoma (spelling?). My mom has already had 5 spots cut out of her face. Hits way too close to home for me!

Yeah, I used to do it every summer back in my 20's. I would get super dark and loved it. Then one day I had a freckle appear on my face out of nowhere. My dermatologist said it was sun damage and if I kept tanning it would end up being skin cancer. I never went back to the tanning bed.

My uncle always has places removed from his face and ears.

H

HouseCat

Those gals that walk around looking like a leather baseball mitt make me sick. That is just nasty. I only want enough color to look normal. I can't really explain just how white I am without posting a pic,...and then you wouldn't even be able to see me as I'm the same color of the background. :biggrin:

meangirl

Nice lady!

I believe that too. During the winter I find myself jonesing for it bad. :ohwell:

Those gals that walk around looking like a leather baseball mitt make me sick. That is just nasty. I only want enough color to look normal. I can't really explain just how white I am without posting a pic,...and then you wouldn't even be able to see me as I'm the same color of the background. :biggrin:

I am whiter than you I bet. :lmao: I need to tan!

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Very rarely does alabaster skin look good on someone. Usually a waif of a gal with flawless complexion.

Not an old, tired mom with bags under her eyes. :ohwell:

A Perfect Tan in PF is one of the nicer and moderatly priced salons..

Thought about spray tan? Loreal makes a good line of self tanners that look quite natural..

H

HouseCat

Seems like the spray would come off....or not cover completely. I'm kind of wary of them.. don't want to turn out orange either. Of course, I'm sure they've improved things since they first came out, but I'm still apprehensive.

Guess I could try the Loreal stuff on a butt cheek for a weekend. :cheesy:

D

dems4me

If you don't mind the drive over the 231 bridge, I go to the one in Charollete Hall it's Tropical something or other and it's right next to LIGHTHOUSE LIQUORS. There's never a wait and their prices and pacakges are very well priced. I generally just go in the spring to start working on a base tan so I don't burn when I'm out on the water or if it's a bunch of weekends in a row in the summer where it rains - which didn't happen at all last summer :lol: I think its safe in moderation :huggy: If I had to avoid everything that all my relatives passed away from, I'd be living in a bubble. It's your life - enjoy it!! :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HouseCat

If you don't mind the drive over the 231 bridge, I go to the one in Charollete Hall it's Tropical something or other and it's right next to LIGHTHOUSE LIQUORS. There's never a wait and their prices and pacakges are very well priced. :huggy:

Which one? Charollete Hall, or Lighthouse Liquors? :killingme

j/k.. Shoot.. if they change the bulbs and you get a hot bed, I swear, I could use a six-pack afterwards though.. hehe :cheers:
Thanks for the info.

toppick08 - aw, thanks, but I'm not. I know what I look like...and I been lookin like crap here lately.. just trying to get myself back in shape after a long illness which really took it's toll on my looks n weight. Now that I'm all better, I'm doing what I can to get back to normal. :smile:

OldHillcrestGuy

Which one? Charollete Hall, or Lighthouse Liquors? :killingme

j/k.. Shoot.. if they change the bulbs and you get a hot bed, I swear, I could use a six-pack afterwards though.. hehe :cheers:
Thanks for the info.

toppick08 - aw, thanks, but I'm not. I know what I look like...and I been lookin like crap here lately.. just trying to get myself back in shape after a long illness which really took it's toll on my looks n weight. Now that I'm all better, I'm doing what I can to get back to normal. :smile:

Its called Paradise Island, its in Charlotte Hall right next to Lighthouse Liquors just past McKays and Tru Value.