Tanning....

lepgirl

So, I thought it would be ok to tan yesterday on a bed for 20 minutes even though I had not been since last July. I had been going on a regular basis for about 2 years prior. My question is this...For anyone here that goes tanning what do you consider your regular basis? What do you consider to be too much or too little? I've nearly burnt myself to a crisp! Anyone have any good recommedations for lotions or a local tanning salon in particular that they like to use?

N

nitwhit3286

lepgirl said:
So, I thought it would be ok to tan yesterday on a bed for 20 minutes even though I had not been since last July. I had been going on a regular basis for about 2 years prior. My question is this...For anyone here that goes tanning what do you consider your regular basis? What do you consider to be too much or too little? I've nearly burnt myself to a crisp! Anyone have any good recommedations for lotions or a local tanning salon in particular that they like to use?

I go to total tanning when I gt..if you haven't been since july..thats kind of a while to wait before hopping right back into tanning again for a full 20 min.....you must be bright red like a tomato!! Its ok though.. wait a couple of days for that burn to die down....then I would cut that time in half..I always work myself up. I go for five minutes..and increase it by two minutes... I got between 3 and 4 times a week.. so for the first week.. I do five minutes..and the next week I will do seven...gives you a good base tan so you can hop into the bronzing beds without a problem. I use austalian gold's "crystal" its amazing..thank goodness it has jumped down in price since last year when it first came out. :)

girliegirl

lepgirl said:

I use Electric Beach in Leonardtown. They are really good. I tan Feb-Aug, 4 days a week. That is too much I am sure, however, any tanning at all is not good to begin with. But we all gotta die from something, and Tanning is my only vice......

Sport_883

Please consider all the factors when tanning, such as skin cancer. I was an avid tanner for many years, last year I discovered I had skin cancer. I just had my six month check up and more areas were detected. Please be careful...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sunflower said:
Pour some sugar on me....
...in the name of love :dude:

I'm a fair girl, too, and I have to start slow with tanning. First visit, 5 minutes. Then 10 for a few visits and work up to a full session.

Sport_883 said:
Please consider all the factors when tanning, such as skin cancer. I was an avid tanner for many years, last year I discovered I had skin cancer. I just had my six month check up and more areas were detected. Please be careful...

:yeahthat: I used to tan every summer for years. I thought I looked good because I would get super dark. However, my grandfather died of skin cancer and my uncle constantly has to have places removed from his face and neck. I went to the dermatologist once to check a spot that showed up on my face. The doctor said it was 'sun damage' and if I continued the tanning bed, the spot would turn to cancer. That was years ago and I will never do tanning beds again. I'll take my smooth, wrinkle-free skin over skin cancer anyday.

BTW, I know women that either tan by tanning beds or the sun every year and as they got older, their skin looks like wrinkled leather. Sad, really.

I stopped using tanning beds when a mole changed color/shape after I tanned one summer. I had it removed - it was benign but it was enough to make me stop. :yay:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
You guys haven't seen tanned leather walking around till you've been down south. I was horrified at the condition of one bag of antlers, she must've been at least 50, but looked 89.
That being said, I thought skin cancer came from sun damage you got in your youth..that and not loving jebus enough.

Angel

~*~*~
Stop!!!

There was a time that I loved to tan in the tanning beds, but when I was diagnosed with Melanoma Skin Cancer I realized that nice bronze look I thought was so attractive, wasn't so attractive anymore. I now have a huge gouge/ scar on my right shin thanks to the tanning beds. I know it's my own fault, but you will never know until it's too late. I learned to appreciate being white as a porcelain doll. I'll take that over the possibility of chemo any day.

Pandora

Angel said:
There was a time that I loved to tan in the tanning beds, but when I was diagnosed with Melanoma Skin Cancer I realized that nice bronze look I thought was so attractive, wasn't so attractive anymore. I now have a huge gouge/ scar on my right shin thanks to the tanning beds. I know it's my own fault, but you will never know until it's too late. I learned to appreciate being white as a porcelain doll. I'll take that over the possibility of chemo any day.

:yeahthat: Accept the spot I had cut out was on my neck and it was a basil cell.

But, alas, I never listened when I was preached at either. :shrug: Some people have to learn the hard way.

Pandora said:
But, alas, I never listened when I was preached at either. :shrug: Some people have to learn the hard way.

Agreed. Everytime I was leaving for a tanning appointment, my mom would refer to it as my cancer appointment. I never listened until I heard it from my dermatologist.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
lepgirl said:

Endless Summer on Great Mills Road :yay:

cdsulhoff

Spray tan!!! for me. The girl in Lusby nest to Jake and Al's does and really go job. No you do not look like an ompa lompa.

kalmd

I've gone to Extreme Heat, Suntime and Pleasure Island all in Charlotte Hall. I think Pleasure Island has the best beds, but they are more pricey. I also went to Tantaztic in Wildwood once to use their HP bed.

I belong to a tanning forum, http://www.iamtan.com

It's got great information.