Taping and mud

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Need the number for estimates from a good contractor for taping and mudding. Drywall is already installed and a contractor is needed to do the finishing on it.

TIA :love:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Saw the title of the post, saw that it was in Home and Garden, and thought, "what the hell do you use tape for in the garden mud?"

:roflmao:

Obviously, I know nothing about drywall! :roflmao: Thanks for giving me the opportunity to laugh at myself. I needed that! :lol:

Mongo53

Obviously, I know nothing about drywall! :roflmao: Thanks for giving me the opportunity to laugh at myself. I needed that! :lol:
You put tape over all the cracks and seems between the dry wall boards, then you coat the whole wall with a light layer of plaster, then let it dry, then sand it all smooth. The plaster has the consistancy of MUD, while you apply it.

Thus, "taping and mudding" to finish a new dry wall installation.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
You put tape over all the cracks and seems between the dry wall boards, then you coat the whole wall with a light layer of plaster, then let it dry, then sand it all smooth. The plaster has the consistancy of MUD, while you apply it.

Thus, "taping and mudding" to finish a new dry wall installation.

Thanks for the explanation. I never knew that was what it was called. I learned something new today! :yay: