Taxes are due tomorrow!

Hijinx

I didn't wait to file, but STILL no refund! :mad:

Does Uncle have to pay me interest? :sarcasm:

Yes: I am still awaiting my refund also. Maryland sent me my refund right after I filed.
I guess Feds have been too busy sending Covid Checks to send refunds.

ontheriver

I filed electronically on April 30th and five days later my refund was in my bank account. My taxes are straight up simple though - I was able to do the entire thing in less than ten minutes. That might be why it turned around so quickly.

My taxes are pretty simple as well. I have someone do mine though for the last five years because IRS sent my refund to someone else and that year I didn't get my refund until August! I had to prove I was me and now have to file with a PIN. I was beyond furious.

Reactions: BOP

ontheriver

Sounds like you need a new someone to do your taxes. Have you tried them yourself electronically lately? They walk you through each step and there is support in the form of a chat if you get lost. What's really nice is that they keep you posted on the status of your taxes - like what your refund should be and when you file, they inform you that it was filed, then when it's accepted, you're informed about that. I have to admit I was astonished about how quickly they turned it around - in the past it's taken up to two weeks.

I always did my own taxes until IRS sent my refund to someone else. My tax lady is great. Definitely an IRS problem.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Double double yikes.

I get a phone call at least twice a week from an officer at Social Security that says there is fraudulent activity on my number and I'm in deep doggie poo. I still don't understand why this country is hiring officers from Mexico and China to help Americans with fraudulent activity when there are so many Americans in need of a job. I guess it's probably all the stimulus money causing it.
What's even stranger...it sounds like the same people are the ones calling me all the time about my expiring vehicle warranty. :sshrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
how did you ever let the warranty expire in the 78 Bronco

:smack:

🤣

That's how the conversation usually goes: after pressing "1" to talk to a rep, I Id the '78 as the one they must be calling about. "Nooo....don't you have any other vehicles?..something newer? Me: "oh..then you must be calling about my '89 F-250 then!" "Nooo....." Me (interrupting): "oh I know..I know..my 1959 Triumph TR3...." CLICK

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I get several a week. If I have the inclination, I'll screw with them as long as I can keep them going before they get disgusted and hang up.
My co-worker (a retired cop) likes to mess with the ones who call about finding his name associated with a car in Texas filled with cocaine. One day he spent nearly an hour talking to them and getting passed around until they finally hung up on him.