Taylor Swift Should Put Her Tax Money Where Her Mouth Is

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
State residency determines where one pays state income taxes, and Swift’s near nine-figure real estate holdings across the globe are quite revealing. Swift owns two properties in Tennessee. She also owns three properties on one block in New York City, valued at $50 million, and pays $40,000 per month to rent a fourth, as well as one in Los Angeles, one in Rhode Island, and one in London. She was even chosen by New York City’s official marketing and tourism organization as its “global welcome ambassador” from 2014-2015 to coincide with her 1989 song, “Welcome to New York.”

[clip]

But did Swift really move to New York — lock, stock, and barrel — at any point? If so, why is Swift voting in Tennessee in 2018? And why was she summoned for jury duty in Tennessee in August 2016? It’s unclear where she voted in 2016, though she did vote, but if she was called for jury duty in the Volunteer State just a few months prior, a likely assumption for voting would be the same state, not the Empire State.

One typically votes and is called for jury duty where one claims residency (unless one wants to break the law, which I am not suggesting Swift did in the slightest).

What do New York, California, and Rhode Island have in common? Aside from being blue states, they all have very high state income taxes, especially for the highest brackets. What does Tennessee have? No state income tax, except a shrinking 3 percent interest and dividend income tax (phasing out in 2021) — which I’m guessing does affect Swift, but not to the extent New York’s 8.82 percent, California’s 13.3 percent, or Rhode Island’s 5.99 percent income tax would. The only reason the overall tax burden isn’t very high in Tennessee is because it is a red state.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Taylor Swift doesn't need that many homes. She should sell them and feed the poor. Or something.

Barring that, she should shut her mouth.

transporter

State residency determines where one pays state income taxes, and Swift’s near nine-figure real estate holdings across the globe are quite revealing.

You author really should look up the sourcing rules for state income tax as it applies to entertainers and athletes...he and you might learn something

You effers LOVE Kanye (well now)...and think Taylor Swift should STFU?

Then you effers turn around and claim everyone else just isn't nice??

:confused:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... and think Taylor Swift should STFU?

Where did I say she should be quiet ?

I could care less about KW .....
He is a Rapper married to Whore ...

.... my amusement comes from the Racism From Progressives on display
.... in reaction to West Supporting Trump

West is a Tom
West is a Token

also West is Mental

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You effers LOVE Kanye

No, you can stop right there. Just because you hate Kanye doesn't mean I suddenly love him. (Although him saying "mother####er" in the Oval Office was pretty epic.) Kanye is still Kanye. That guy jumping around and saying silly things? Yeah, that's the same Kanye he's always been, but now instead of showering him with praise and awards, and declaring him a genius, you think he's crazy because he is buddies with your mortal enemy the President of the United States.

Then you effers turn around and claim everyone else just isn't nice??

When I get a mob of people to run Taylor out of a restaurant when she's trying to have a meal with her family, or when I start scratching on her door, or when I threaten to kill her, or even beat her up, or I get my mob to descend on her home and vandalize it....THEN you can pretend some moral superiority.

Until then you're just the same tool you've always been.

Hijinx

I never meant Taylor Swift so I cannot say whether or not she is nice. I assume she is.
But she isn't too swift.

Anybody that supports Democrats is either getting rich with the big boys & girls like Hillary Schumer Pelosi and others or staying poor.
The democrats have promised to save them this year with their political platform of raising their taxes, going on an impeachment binge, and disarming Americans in violation of the 2nd. Amendment.