Tea Drops

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Anybody tried these? Seem pretty cool and convenient to me but pricey. I saw them at Cecil's Country Store this weekend but wasn't going to make a decision to buy them or not until I found out more.

Tea Drops are the first and only organic pressed teas that dissolve in your cup. Tea Drops are USDA organic and Made in America (California to be exact). Because our teas are bagless and come in compostable packaging, Tea Drops are less wasteful. Tea Drops have been named "Best Foodie Gift Under $15" by the Los Angeles Times and Wall Street Journal. Tea Drops is a female and minority owned company.

https://www.amazon.com/Tea-Drops-In...a+drops&qid=1540822233&sr=8-5&ref=sr_1_5&th=1

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Heck, they're inexpensive enough. Try it and if they suck, now you know. If I find them around here I'll buy them for Monello.

My question is: if it's compressed loose tea, how would it not need a bag/filter?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Heck, they're inexpensive enough. Try it and if they suck, now you know. If I find them around here I'll buy them for Monello.

They were about twice as expensive at Cecil's than you can buy on Amazon, which I just found out, and I am a cheapskate on such things. :lol:

My question is: if it's compressed loose tea, how would it not need a bag/filter?

Exactly. The ratings for the product are all over the place and the manufacturer does say there will be "some" sediment at the bottom of the cup. Some reviewers say the level is acceptable while others didn't. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They were about twice as expensive at Cecil's than you can buy on Amazon, which I just found out, and I am a cheapskate on such things. :lol:

Yeah, never mind then. $12 to try something is one thing, but $24 I'd have to pass on.

And I just saw that there are only 8 of them in a box. :faint:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yeah, never mind then. $12 to try something is one thing, but $24 I'd have to pass on.

And I just saw that there are only 8 of them in a box. :faint:

Exactly! :lol: Just thought it was a nice idea for a once-in-awhile thing but they're pretty cost prohibitive. I generally like loose tea rather than the bags and thought this might be a nice alternative.