Tea Tree Oil

DEEKAYPEE8569

I've read that this is effective for treating cysts. Lucky me, I have been getting the d*mn things since I was a teenager.

Anybody else have this problem and ever use tea tree oil with positive results?
I'm running out of ideas and the Dr.'s won't touch them if they're "angry."

red_explorer

antiseptic

Its an antiseptic...does wonders for athlete's foot. I would assume it would work well for cysts too. You can get it at CVS.

StokesPrincess

I use Tea Tree Oil. It works pretty well but it BURNS!!!
Cysts seem to dry up faster. I also use it as a preventive and it does work very well for that!

DEEKAYPEE8569

I use Tea Tree Oil. It works pretty well but it BURNS!!!
Cysts seem to dry up faster. I also use it as a preventive and it does work very well for that!

I take HOT showers. After I dry off, I apply some of this stuff, and it's COLLLD. It's stings a little bit; because the pores are open; so this stuff does get inside and clears things up. I can handle the sting, cuz it goes away.

When you get a cyst to "dry up" as you put it; does it come back?

Lovely conversation, huh? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

stew77

Get Icthammol drawing salve ointment from a pharmacy (or Amazon). It's over the counter, but CVS and Walmart both keep it behind the pharmacy counter - not sure why. It's about $5 per tube - smells like axle grease. Clears the cyst right out in a day or two, angry or not!!

DEEKAYPEE8569

Get Icthammol drawing salve ointment from a pharmacy (or Amazon). It's over the counter, but CVS and Walmart both keep it behind the pharmacy counter - not sure why. It's about $5 per tube - smells like axle grease. Clears the cyst right out in a day or two, angry or not!!

Never hear of it. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

PrepH4U

Never hear of it. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

You can usually find it at horse tack stores also. Smells worse than tea tree oil and harder than heck to wash off! :lol: But it works on drawing out bruises on horse hooves. So cysts may be easy :shrug:

StokesPrincess

Not sure how I feel about smelling like axle grease but at this point I am willing to try anything! Thanks for the info!