Tear Down Dr. Mudd's House

PeoplesElbow

Were they? Did they already have the news that Lincoln was assassinated? Or did he just show up on his doorstep for help. I've always wondered about that. (This is a legit question)
From what I read it isn't really known if he knew that he assassinated Lincoln at that point. He had met booth prior . At that time Booth was a fairly famous actor.

So considering his house was somewhat isolated, his family was in the house and he had his cousin notify police that Booth had been there I can make the assumption that he did what he felt he had to.

Even if this is wrong and he was a coconspirator, his house is still part of history. I had never heard of Samuel Mudd until I moved here and the sign made me look it up and learn more about Booths attempted escape.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
From what I read it isn't really known if he knew that he assassinated Lincoln at that point. He had met booth prior . At that time Booth was a fairly famous actor.

So considering his house was somewhat isolated, his family was in the house and he had his cousin notify police that Booth had been there I can make the assumption that he did what he felt he had to.

Even if this is wrong and he was a coconspirator, his house is still part of history. I had never heard of Samuel Mudd until I moved here and the sign made me look it up and learn more about Booths attempted escape.
I had learned about him some in history class back in California. It wasn't until years later after I had moved here and I had seen the signs and visited the place. I never thought to ask the question.

heresnark

appreciate this. seems like you hit maybeh the same dead end i did.. which is why i was open to & interested in this hostage theory lol... but i dont think there are any facts to support it. with that said, the house has a rotten stench...

What's the problem with it? Specifically. Termites?
maybe the stench is termites but im not so sure.

PeoplesElbow

I had learned about him some in history class back in California. It wasn't until years later after I had moved here and I had seen the signs and visited the place. I never thought to ask the question.
Mudd was pardoned by Andrew Johnson, his descendants received letters from Presidents Carter and Reagan stating that he was not a coconspirator, that is good enough for me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
appreciate this. seems like you hit maybeh the same dead end i did.. which is why i was open to & interested in this hostage theory lol... but i dont think there are any facts to support it. with that said, the house has a rotten stench...

maybe the stench is termites but im not so sure.
Seek help. You are a mental mess.

heresnark

Mudd was pardoned by Andrew Johnson, his descendants received letters from Presidents Carter and Reagan stating that he was not a coconspirator, that is good enough for me.
Mudd was pardoned after fighting the yellow fever type shet in whatever jail he was rotting in. i guess the other people were pardoned just the same.. but werent they hanged? & yas i googled that to make sure i wasnt foggy before posting...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mudd was pardoned after fighting the yellow fever type shet in whatever jail he was rotting in. i guess the other people were pardoned just the same.. but werent they hanged? & yas i googled that to make sure i wasnt foggy before posting...
What are you...12 years old?

heresnark

Yea I don’t see you getting much support here. Time to close this topic
idk if it was so much about support as it was food for thought... maybeh thinking outside of the box a little & caring for others. not a right or left thing at all. a SOMD topic i figure but i understand there are 340 million plus in this country & 99% of the responses fall right into that happy clutter club i mentioned. people barking... theres a topic here & eh... we'll just bark over it to get our own cheeky jollies off. we have human brains... the most powerful tool on earth... and this is how we use them lol...

heresnark

What are you...12 years old?
whats 12 about that? did you do any research? people were pardoned after they were hanged & Mudd was released after helping inmates survive the yellow fever. if i'm 12 because i knew muh shet what are you?