TEC Speed events May 31 and July 26

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Tuckahoe Equestrian Center is on the Eastern Shore, about a 2 hour drive from St Mary's County. They also have camping facilities.

Attachments

• TEC Speed Shows-2009.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 83

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
That means it would only be a little over an hour for me (i think)! I would go if they had pay back classes, but its not worth going out of the way for just ribbons... I wish we had something like this closer... Thank for posting!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I don't think you have to be a member on event weekends. I can ask.

I think the classes are divided so those less experienced at speed can run them.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
You think driving an hour is out of the way?
What do you consider as not out of the way?

I would go about 2-3 hours away in one day if its an IBRA, NBHA, or anything that has a good payback. For smaller, just ribbon classes i would only go about 45 min to 1 hour (well my mom would, shes the driver).

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I've never done speed stuff (or shown horses at all for that matter), how much is an average-good payback, and is it per class? Are entrants scored individually? How many can be money earners in each class?

Is it scored regionally somehow? Do you get rankings per region etc.?

The TEC thing is a Fun event.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I've never done speed stuff (or shown horses at all for that matter), how much is an average-good payback, and is it per class? Are entrants scored individually? How many can be money earners in each class?

Is it scored regionally somehow? Do you get rankings per region etc.?

The TEC thing is a Fun event.

A good payback is earning your money back, and maybe then some. Average payback varies, depends what division, the higher the divisions the more money. Also if theres money added back and how many people come.They pay back 4 divisions for open (usually top 5 in each), and 3 divisions for each of the other classes. On good a day i even out on my money, but i put out around $100. (open, youth & poles + exibitions)
You also earn points each show, each class -for ibra, not sure how much for nbha- i believe the top 5 gets points.
Theres a couple different classes for ibra - masters($30),open($35),youth($30), jr youth($25) and wranglers($7) then theres poles ($25). NBHA theres 4 classes: sr ($20) open($40) youth ($25) and pee wee ($5).
In the morning both shows have "exhibitions" just practice runs, for $5 a run.
And mostly everyone is running to earn that saddle at the end of the year. The person with the most points in each division gets a saddle (for each class). Top 5 in each division, each class, gets something nice (bridels, saddle pads, belt buckles, ect.)

WOW i didn't know how hard this was to explain! Its really not too complicated...

then theres this show in VA that you pay $6 for each speed class and you can make back $40, then they have jackpot classes... its a little past king george that they have them, Northern Neck horse and pony i think its called, they have other classes too.