Teen Dies After Sword Falls Off Bedroom Wall

rack'm

Jaded
Teen Dies After Sword Falls Off Bedroom Wall

POSTED: 9:18 am EST March 7, 2006
UPDATED: 9:27 am EST March 7, 2006

BRANDON, Fla. -- A teenager died after he was slashed by a sword that dislodged from the wall of his bedroom while he was playing ball with his siblings, authorities said.

Joshua Hershberger, 15, was sitting on the floor of his bedroom Monday night, bouncing a ball with his 9-year-old sister and 14-year-old brother when the ball bounced up and knocked a 29-inch sword off the wall, where it was displayed, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.

The high school sophomore was slashed in the shoulder and neck and was pronounced dead at a hospital in this Tampa suburb.

The death is being considered an accident and no charges are expected to be filed.

Final Destination comes to mind......

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We collect swords but they are going to be put in display cases, just to avoid this type of incident.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rack'm said:
BRANDON, Fla.
Dear Christy,

This cannot be a coincidence. It's God telling you to remove the weaponry from your son's room.

Nervously yours,

Vrai

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
bresamil said:
We collect swords but they are going to be put in display cases, just to avoid this type of incident.
We have some swords from Japan, but they're in the dining room, out of reach, and not sharpened.

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
Dear Christy,

This cannot be a coincidence. It's God telling you to remove the weaponry from your son's room.

Nervously yours,

Vrai
:lol:

Dear Vrai, none of the weaponry is on the wall. It is buried under piles of Renn Fest attire. I think we're safe for now. :yay: Besides, he's lost interest in weaponry. His new obsession is muscle cars.

dustin

UAIOE
Christy said:
:lol:

Dear Vrai, none of the weaponry is on the wall. It is buried under piles of Renn Fest attire. I think we're safe for now. :yay: Besides, he's lost interest in weaponry. His new obsession is muscle cars.
got any japanese swords i can take off your hands?

Christy

b*tch rocket
dustin said:
got any japanese swords i can take off your hands?
No. :razz: Besides, they're really nothing special anyway, just cheapies picked up at the gift shop in Japan. Just cool enough for a little boy to oooh and ahh over for a while.

dustin

UAIOE
Christy said:
No. :razz: Besides, they're really nothing special anyway, just cheapies picked up at the gift shop in Japan. Just cool enough for a little boy to oooh and ahh over for a while.
he probably has the same set that we do. :lmao:

I got mine at the MCX at Iwakuni

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
I collect swords also, 2 arent so sharp but one is leathel, real samurai sword, no way would any normal person just hang them on the wall.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hawk said:
I collect swords also, 2 arent so sharp but one is leathel, real samurai sword, no way would any normal person just hang them on the wall.
Don't the Japanese frown upon taking real Samuri swords out of the Country? I'd be careful, they may send their Ninjas to retrieve said sword. :jet:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy said:
Don't the Japanese frown upon taking real Samuri swords out of the Country? I'd be careful, they may send their Ninjas to retrieve said sword. :jet:

FB has one that was taken from a soldier in WW2 by a relative.