Hijinx

Things have begun to change.
They have gone from bad to worse.

And the worst is yet to come.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's so mentally compromised he can't even read a teleprompter with any competency.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

glhs837

Power with Control
Not sure if the Emperor having no clothes would be worse than having no brain. I mean, with the former, we get those glistening blonde leg hairs.....

SamSpade

Full context - he was quoting or rather, reading one being quoted. It’s not something the rest of us don’t do all the time.

Much as I’d like this to be yet another episode of Biden blithering, it’s not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Full context - he was quoting or rather, reading one being quoted. It’s not something the rest of us don’t do all the time.

Much as I’d like this to be yet another episode of Biden blithering, it’s not.

My comment stands. They have that teleprompter type like 5 ft tall and he still squints at it, bumbles words, slurs his speech, and gets lost. Then he gets inexplicably angry and starts ranting nonsense words.

SamSpade

Again - has anyone EVER re-posted something provably false that lampoons the left - and you find yourself thinking, REALLY should have checked it out? The problem with THIS one is, it's something that can happen - something he's done before - or something that sounds like something he has done. This happens all the time in politics - until it is not only proven false, it is EASILY proven false.

A big example is the recent and REPEATED claim that Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a gun - and we know that is completely, utterly false and was tossed from court. It IS true that a friend of his - Dominic Black - helped him purchase one IN WISCONSIN. He may face charges - possibly - for such an action. But it's not stopping the media from repeating something easily disproved, because it fits what some people want to believe.

Another big one is the oft-repeated - after many years - statement of Trump referring to "fine people" on both sides - in Charlottesville. The "fine people" - in that speech - are clearly described as the people who wanted the statues to remain and others who wanted them down, while at least twice condemning the actions and behavior of the extremists on both sides.

And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

With regard to Biden, in this instance - he's had moments - like that REALLY uncomfortable town hall he had with Anderson Cooper, where at one moment he just STOOD THERE, hands clenched and not moving - where his mind is gone.

THIS wasn't one of them. If you're going to ridicule him, he's had plenty of instances. Not this one, and you weaken the argument that he's losing his mind if you misstate a situation where he wasn't.

Here is the context of his remark:
We also met with the CEOs of Walmart, Target, Home Depot, TJ Maxx, and others. Those retailers — large retailers and others agreed to move products more quickly, stock their shelves more quickly.

And, by the way, you may have heard the CEO of Walmart yesterday on the steps we’ve taken. He said, and I quote, “The combination of private enterprise and government working together has been really successful.” He went on to say, “All the way through the supply chain, there’s… a lot of innovation.” Because of the actions we’ve taken, things have begun to change. End of quote.

It IS important to get it right. Because your political opponents will pounce on you to assail your credibility.
With good reason.

glhs837

Power with Control
C
My comment stands. They have that teleprompter type like 5 ft tall and he still squints at it, bumbles words, slurs his speech, and gets lost. Then he gets inexplicably angry and starts ranting nonsense words.

Come'on, Ma'am!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It IS important to get it right. Because your political opponents will pounce on you to assail your credibility.

Actually the Left is going to do that with or without reason, and they will especially assail their opponent's credibility if they themselves are wrong and the opponent is right. So I don't see how it matters.

It's like the Geneva Convention - all these rules and regulations to hamstring one side while the other side fights dirty. That's why we will never win the war on terror or the war on drugs or any other war where our enemies get a say in how we fight and we for some reason care about offending them. It's okay to shoot them and bomb their compounds, we just can hurt their feelz.....

:crazy:

SamSpade

Actually the Left is going to do that with or without reason, and they will especially assail their opponent's credibility if they themselves are wrong and the opponent is right. So I don't see how it matters.

It's like the Geneva Convention - all these rules and regulations to hamstring one side while the other side fights dirty. That's why we will never win the war on terror or the war on drugs or any other war where our enemies get a say in how we fight and we for some reason care about offending them. It's okay to shoot them and bomb their compounds, we just can hurt their feelz.....

:crazy:

Conceptually - I do agree with you. It's the nature of modern warfare now that we take great care not to harm civilians, on the premise that they are innocent (when in reality from conversations with relatives who fought in modern wars - the civilians are often combatants).

There was an old Star Trek where they had two worlds that had been warring for CENTURIES - where they tallied up deaths based on computer simulations. They waged war by computer - and citizens who had been found to "die" would report to chambers to be killed. The reasoning for doing it this way was, doing it the old-fashioned way would destroy civilizations. This was a civilized way to engage in war. By the end of the episode, Kirk had destroyed enough of their chambers and violated enough of their simulations, that their opponents had to assume they'd begun a REAL WAR - in earnest - and would start by REALLY KILLING THEM. His reason for doing it - they'd created so many rules for NOT waging all out war that they had removed all reasons to avoid it. Disease, famine, suffering, lingering deaths, maiming, barbarism - all the things that make war HORRIBLE - they'd removed them. The very idea of going to REAL WAR completely terrified them - and for good reason.

We're doing that, more and more each year. Up until a hundred years or so ago, wars were all out bloody kill fests. People sued for peace not because the military had given up - but because the people could no longer tolerate it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Conceptually - I do agree with you. It's the nature of modern warfare now that we take great care not to harm civilians, on the premise that they are innocent (when in reality from conversations with relatives who fought in modern wars - the civilians are often combatants).

There was an old Star Trek where they had two worlds that had been warring for CENTURIES - where they tallied up deaths based on computer simulations. They waged war by computer - and citizens who had been found to "die" would report to chambers to be killed. The reasoning for doing it this way was, doing it the old-fashioned way would destroy civilizations. This was a civilized way to engage in war. By the end of the episode, Kirk had destroyed enough of their chambers and violated enough of their simulations, that their opponents had to assume they'd begun a REAL WAR - in earnest - and would start by REALLY KILLING THEM. His reason for doing it - they'd created so many rules for NOT waging all out war that they had removed all reasons to avoid it. Disease, famine, suffering, lingering deaths, maiming, barbarism - all the things that make war HORRIBLE - they'd removed them. The very idea of going to REAL WAR completely terrified them - and for good reason.

We're doing that, more and more each year. Up until a hundred years or so ago, wars were all out bloody kill fests. People sued for peace not because the military had given up - but because the people could no longer tolerate it.

I will equate that to the war We the People should be fighting, and that is with the fascists in the news media. Calling them fake news and enemy of the people is very mild compared to what should happen to them for what they've done to this country. And yet we clutched our pearls and "elected" Joe Biden because Trump's tweets about these awful evil people were "mean". And how we knew the tweets were mean is because the awful evil people they were directed at told us so.

Most Americans have been alarmingly domesticated, to the point where any confrontation makes them hide under their bed. Seriously, most people will do literally anything to avoid conflict, and it makes the overlords' job that much easier. If we neutralized their propaganda dissemination system, that would go a long way toward taking them out for good.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

I will equate that to the war We the People should be fighting, and that is with the fascists in the news media. Calling them fake news and enemy of the people is very mild compared to what should happen to them for what they've done to this country.

You won't be able to win it, with violence. They control the messaging. Wife and I were watching a show where a person they met was severely injured. How? Oh at the Capitol. Ah yes, on the Jan 6 Insurrection Day. It's become part of the TV culture. They own the message.

Remember how Babylon Bee mentioned how CNN would have reported Pearl Harbor as a "boating accident". As long as they control the messaging, they can demonize the truth. It's the old expression that a lie can make it halfway around the world before the truth has even put its shoes on.

You also can't win by making people distrust the media completely. That's what we have in China and Russia. Their news programs are very poorly watched because everyone recognizes it as sheer bull chit. And they've become jaded.

Most people get their news from the big sources - and late night. And TV shows and movies. And local broadcasters. I don't know how to defeat it.
Too much of the left has "won" with its claim of "systemic" everything. "Systemic" is this generation's "the Man" or "the Establishment". It's non-specific and it causes all the problems. It's the way people who thrive on blaming others find a scapegoat without having to actually do anything. You realize that to them, it's always been intrinsically evil and corrupt, to and for everyone, and no one's thought to say anything about it until the righteous enlightened ones came along? Sound familiar?