Teleprompting Obama

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Many of us who can look objectively at Obama have noticed this. Sounds like somebody put the Kool Aid down long enough to do something about the problem.

SCREEN SAVORER

According to several Democrat political consultants presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama spent part of his Hawaiian vacation working on weaning himself from a heavy dependence on teleprompters. Even in what are staged as "town hall" events for Obama, remarks are scripted or formatted into bullet points that scroll on teleprompter screens. Obama has had several embarrassing events where the teleprompter either malfunctioned or the screens were not fully visible.

"He just locks down and can't get the words out," says one political consultant. "For such a fine speaker, it's really quite remarkable that he's had issues."

The American Spectator

awpitt

Main Streeter
Many of us who can look objectively at Obama have noticed this. Sounds like somebody put the Kool Aid down long enough to do something about the problem.

SCREEN SAVORER

According to several Democrat political consultants presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama spent part of his Hawaiian vacation working on weaning himself from a heavy dependence on teleprompters. Even in what are staged as "town hall" events for Obama, remarks are scripted or formatted into bullet points that scroll on teleprompter screens. Obama has had several embarrassing events where the teleprompter either malfunctioned or the screens were not fully visible.

"He just locks down and can't get the words out," says one political consultant. "For such a fine speaker, it's really quite remarkable that he's had issues."

The American Spectator
I remember teleprompter malfunctions catching Reagan off guard a few times. I think it was Nixon who was the last President to not use them but I'm not sure on that.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Seems

Obama is not the only speaker with problems.
March 25, 2008

Teleprompters For McCain

In an effort to improve John McCain's big speech delivery, his campaign put in place for today's speech a large flat screen monitor and two side panel teleprompters. Campaign officials have expressed concern that McCain has looked in prior speeches like he was watching a tennis match. Today, by installing a large monitor in the back of the room, McCain is able to fix his gaze straight ahead.
The goal, of course, is to help McCain look like he's speaking more naturally to the nearly 20 cameras on hand for the AZ Sen's most extensive remarks on the housing crisis to date.
(NBC/NJ's ADAM AIGNER-TREWORGY)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not...

I remember teleprompter malfunctions catching Reagan off guard a few times. I think it was Nixon who was the last President to not use them but I'm not sure on that.

...true. Bubba would go without them frequently and never missed a step when they'd break or malfunction.

He's just really, really, good at talking to people.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
March 25, 2008

Teleprompters For McCain

In an effort to improve John McCain's big speech delivery, his campaign put in place for today's speech a large flat screen monitor and two side panel teleprompters. Campaign officials have expressed concern that McCain has looked in prior speeches like he was watching a tennis match. Today, by installing a large monitor in the back of the room, McCain is able to fix his gaze straight ahead.
The goal, of course, is to help McCain look like he's speaking more naturally to the nearly 20 cameras on hand for the AZ Sen's most extensive remarks on the housing crisis to date.

That's shocking that NBC would report such B/S...:killingme

ylexot

Super Genius
March 25, 2008

Teleprompters For McCain

The mistake is that they're having McCain use a prompter at all. I think he'd do better without one.