Television commercials!! Watchem!!

GregV814

We’re all sequestered by law... and stuck with a limited supply of entertainment.
In your opinion , Name the best and worst commercials: also, when was the last time you saw a same race heterosexual couple in a commercial???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doug and the emu need to be done. I'm not even sure why they thought that was a good idea.

Any commercial that capitalizes on the COVID nonsense. "We care..." Liars. You just want me to buy your crap.

The Geico "we have a rat problem" commercial was funny the first time I saw it but after I saw it for the 100th time I wanted to shave their heads.

The My Pillow guy's book. Ugh. Because his pillow/etc commercials aren't annoying enough.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
I mainly watch Pluto TV, and between the channels I frequently watch there, I've got a handful of commercials I wish I could banish off the face of the earth. Among the bunch:

Anything that has to do with MTV - the Sweet 16 one with the dark-skinned girl who would like one of a few luxury cars for her party, the Wild'n Out commercials, the girl who wants to be a pageant queen.

Anything that has to do with Nugenix and Frank Thomas - thankfully I haven't seen that one much recently (knock on wood).

NFL Covid-19 PSA - they run that one so much it's unreal, same goes for all of the above. Then again, I correct myself - EVERY Covid-19 'stay home' commercial, especially the one with I think it's Ray Hudson. The way he says 'stay at flippin' home' really gets to me

The commercials for Complex showing off Cristiano Ronaldo and his shoe collection (same with Bella Hadid, thankfully haven't seen that one much recently either)

I'm sure there are more, just can't remember any at the moment. I'll post back if I do find any more

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anything that has to do with Nugenix and Frank Thomas - thankfully I haven't seen that one much recently (knock on wood).

I had never even heard of that guy until he started doing those commercials that made him out to be some superstar that random women would recognize on the street. Monello had to tell me who he was.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
they ALL suck.

We are NOT in this together..

This is NOT the new normal, no matter how much they want it to be.

These are NOT trying times for 95% of us..

Get the **** over it, and take the lead from Trump.. at least ACT like it's business as usual.. TRY to re-assure us that all is ok.. STOP with the fear, and Pandemic crazies.

Bobwhite

We’re all sequestered by law... and stuck with a limited supply of entertainment.
In your opinion , Name the best and worst commercials: also, when was the last time you saw a same race heterosexual couple in a commercial???
Hello Fresh...the one where the girl is talking about step-by-step ingredients. What are step-by-step ingredients???

Escalade14

Go Rams!
Just thought of new ones:

All Medicare commercials, as well as medical supply commercials. The ones with Joe Namath, same goes with the diabetic 'continuous glucose monitor', and (I'm sure many of us can remember THIS one) the colostomy bag lady yelling WOOHOO just to name a few

luvmygdaughters

Worst: Alphonso in the Dovato commercial, all the Geico commercials, Housebuyers of America, Look how smooth my a$$ is wearing Depends underwear commercial, just to name a few.
Funny: "She wants to know if you bought condoms Charlie" commercial for hearing aid.

GregV814

Look!!! The population is full of gay black men with AIDS that are “a work in progress”, snotty British women yearning to buy foreclosed property’s who suffer with a leaky bladder!!!!

gemma_rae

Best commercial: Mayhem.

Freefaller

The emu commercials for Liberty Mutual Insurance. What always amazes me is the someone was paid to come up with that idea, then someone in management approved it and then the customer bought it. I guess they're trying to play off of the Geico Gecko but they fail miserably!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Best commercial: Mayhem and Tina Fey.
Mayhem has made a fortune out of doing commercials.. and I have to wonder how many ators their nose at the opportunity because it was beneath them to do commercials. The same with the AllState actor, and Progressive.. $$$$

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The emu commercials for Liberty Mutual Insurance. What always amazes me is the someone was paid to come up with that idea, then someone in management approved it and then the customer bought it. I guess they're trying to play off of the Geico Gecko but they fail miserably!
But you're talking about it.. does it matter if you like it, if you remember it??

Sounds like a resounding success for a commercial.