Tell me a fish story!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Anyone been south enough to go fishing?

I've been hanging out in the Keys most of the winter. When the wind is not blowing, fishing has been great.

Tell me a story.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Capt. Jim took the family down to Smith Point on the Gerry C the 28th of Dec for our annual winter trip. Beautiful day and TONS of boats out there. We caught our limit in 4 hours or so. Bubba ended up with a bag of cheeks so he was good to go.:lmao:

Last edited:
Anyone been south enough to go fishing?

I've been hanging out in the Keys most of the winter. When the wind is not blowing, fishing has been great.

Tell me a story.

What kind of fish? When I went to the Keys in Dec. all we caught was a baby baracuda. I did have a huge one follow the lure right up to the boat. I actually took an involuntary step back when he stopped about five feet in front of me. I didn't bring the lure out of the water either.:lmao:

AAARRRrrrrrgggg, so there we were.... Great Whites to the left, Hammerheads to the right. So I says to the the boson, I says, "Boson, Port Aft the Starboard bow!! Hoist the mizzenmast!! Perpare to belay that order!!" Arrg, but twas to no avail. I says, "Boson, get me 'Old Faithful' ". The boson, he looks at me and says, "Not 'old Faithful' ?!?!". "Don't question me!!", says I. "Just Do It!" So me boson gets 'Old Faithful' and hands it to me. I takes aim, and with a mighty heave, let it fly. That ol' harpoon went right thru the aquarium glass. Water everywheres. Aye, never been so mortified in me life.......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
What kind of fish? When I went to the Keys in Dec. all we caught was a baby baracuda. I did have a huge one follow the lure right up to the boat. I actually took an involuntary step back when he stopped about five feet in front of me. I didn't bring the lure out of the water either.:lmao:

Pretty regular catch. Some sailfish and dolphin off shore when we can get out as it has been blowing pretty good. The reef has been real good with snappper and grouper.

Back country its been small tarpon, permit and some cobia. The cobia have been mostly small ones. I have some friends coming down to fish this weekend I will give you an update.

Pretty regular catch. Some sailfish and dolphin off shore when we can get out as it has been blowing pretty good. The reef has been real good with snappper and grouper.

Back country its been small tarpon, permit and some cobia. The cobia have been mostly small ones. I have some friends coming down to fish this weekend I will give you an update.

I want to catch a permit.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Today's catch:
4 Blackfin Tuna
1 Grouper
1 Mutton Snapper
1 yellowtail

Here's a true story though I'm sure it's not what you're looking for. My mom was driving down 210, somewhere near Accokeek, and saw a bird flying overhead with a fish in its mouth. All of a sudden the bird swoops down to try to catch the fish that's now dropped out of its mouth but he missed. Yea, the fish landed on the hood of my mom's car. It was so funny when she came home and said she had an accident on 210...she hit a fish! :lmao: