Tennessee Walkers?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Does anyone know anything about them? SOmeone contacted me saying that 4 were going to be sent to animal control because the owner hasn't paid for board in a long time and she can't afford to keep them. She doesn't know what to do. She said one of them will probably have to be put down because he is almost blind. I was wondering if there was a TW rescue? Aren't there rules that she has to follow to get rid of the horses or can she legally just give them away?

Robin

Does anyone know anything about them? SOmeone contacted me saying that 4 were going to be sent to animal control because the owner hasn't paid for board in a long time and she can't afford to keep them. She doesn't know what to do. She said one of them will probably have to be put down because he is almost blind. I was wondering if there was a TW rescue? Aren't there rules that she has to follow to get rid of the horses or can she legally just give them away?

I don't know what Fla law is reguarding this. She can contact the owner to she if she will turn them over to her first. Then she could give them away or send them to an Equine rescue in Fla. Just because a horse is blind or going blind, they don't have to be put down.

devinej

poor horses! i hope you can find a rescue org. for them. i started a handful of them back home in VA. So smooth to ride. haha i remember one of them took off with me...tried to run away, but he was so smooth there was no issue, i just sat back and enjoyed it. i was bareback too....lol.

Robin

Oh my!! Can you believe people let that happen to those poor horse? I was sent the pictures. These horses look very healthy and well taken care of, but the lady just can't afford to take care of any more horses for free.

It might be best if this lady you know can contact the owner and have her surrender the horses to her for back board owed. Then she can proceed to do with them as she pleases. Donate them or give them away. Or even surrender them to a rescue. Good Luck on that one.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Dang I could of went to Fl instead of Oh. :whistle:

Devine you should ride JR sometime out on the trail and let him roll. :dye:but keep his shoulder out when you turn around any trees or you will lose a knee. He can wrap that lanky body. Yea turn him loose and sit there all day..:dye: Dottie rode him in the field and had him at a running walk and she was ohaww ohaww. This is nice...:killingme

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Dang I could of went to Fl instead of Oh. :whistle:

Devine you should ride JR sometime out on the trail and let him roll. :dye:but keep his shoulder out when you turn around any trees or you will lose a knee. He can wrap that lanky body. Yea turn him loose and sit there all day..:dye: Dottie rode him in the field and had him at a running walk and she was ohaww ohaww. This is nice...:killingme

Why..... did you want some Tennessee Walkers?