Teresa Heinz

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/1/104308.shtml

To bolster her case, Mrs. Heinz invoked other female relatives of her husband who declined to take the Kerry name, explaining: "His married sister has her maiden name. His sister-in-law married to his brother has her maiden name.
Normally this wouldn't register with me but Ms. Heinz doesn't seem to realize that "Heinz" isn't her maiden name - it's her former husband's name. I don't necessarily think a woman should have to take her husband's last name, but could she at least not use her ex-husband's name instead?

A phrase comes to mind whenever I see John Kerry and his wife on TV - it starts with "P" and ends with "whipped".

willie

The authenticity of this article is suspect, to me anyway. Either she is a very stupid woman or just doesn't want her husband to win when she says something like....
That's just "political stuff," Mrs. Heinz huffed, while in the midst of signing campaign posters using the "Heinz Kerry" name.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by willie
The authenticity of this article is suspect, to me anyway. [/B]
Well, it came from Newsmax, so there's going to be a big bias. But it's well known that Teresa Heinz goes by just that - Teresa Heinz - and not Teresa Kerry. She didn't start adding Kerry until well after the campaign began.

I don't think she's stupid or doesn't want him to win. I think she's a rich broad who doesn't need public office to stroke her ego and she doesn't really care if he wins.