Terps...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...are on a roll! This feels a little like 2000-2002 in terms of the intensity and that upperclassmen are coming up so big. They out rebounded Carolina by a good bit and fought like those other Terps teams with that feel, even when they didn't score or make a stop or get a loose ball that they were still playing as hard as they could which, really, is all I ask for as a fan, win or lose.

Lack of that same 2000-02 experience at guard will probably be their undoing come March because Juan and Steve had learned to play in control, even at 100 mph, but damn, that feeling is there. It's back!

FWIW; The last time the Terps won 5 in a row?

'01-'02 season.

Here we go Maryland, here we go!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...are on a roll! This feels a little like 2000-2002 in terms of the intensity and that upperclassmen are coming up so big. They out rebounded Carolina by a good bit and fought like those other Terps teams with that feel, even when they didn't score or make a stop or get a loose ball that they were still playing as hard as they could which, really, is all I ask for as a fan, win or lose.

Lack of that same 2000-02 experience at guard will probably be their undoing come March because Juan and Steve had learned to play in control, even at 100 mph, but damn, that feeling is there. It's back!

FWIW; The last time the Terps won 5 in a row?

'01-'02 season.

Here we go Maryland, here we go!

Williams speaks of this team with the same emotion he had for the 2000-2002 teams. Win or lose, he obviously really likes what he has. Hoping that the girls and the guys go far in the NCAAs. :yay:

bigtw34

Terps play in about 4 hours, if anyone knows of any websites that have a live stream on the game today plz let me know. GO TERPS!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good game for them...

...they got tested and found, as Maryland teams always seem so fond of rediscovering, things go better when you play hard.

Looks like they have the same sort of game next against Butler; a decent team they should beat.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Larry Gude said:
...they got tested and found, as Maryland teams always seem so fond of rediscovering, things go better when you play hard.

Looks like they have the same sort of game next against Butler; a decent team they should beat.

Did you see the Duke/VCU Game? That was an awesome game to watch! And Duke lost! :yahoo: Could VCU be this year's Mason?

FYI - Opening round of the 2008 tourney will be at the Verizon Center. March 20 & 22.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fell asleep...

nachomama said:
Did you see the Duke/VCU Game? That was an awesome game to watch! And Duke lost! :yahoo: Could VCU be this year's Mason?

FYI - Opening round of the 2008 tourney will be at the Verizon Center. March 20 & 22.

...when VCU got within 2 with about 15 left in the second half. I remember thinking they looked quicker and more aggressive than the Pukesters and hoping that they, VCU, would beat 'dey azz.

:yay:

Imagine a local matchup in '08! Never happen, but the Terps and Hoyas in the same bracket, a home game for both in the NCAA's would be AWESOME!!!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Larry Gude said:
...when VCU got within 2 with about 15 left in the second half. I remember thinking they looked quicker and more aggressive than the Pukesters and hoping that they, VCU, would beat 'dey azz.

:yay:

Imagine a local matchup in '08! Never happen, but the Terps and Hoyas in the same bracket, a home game for both in the NCAA's would be AWESOME!!!

I told my son when the first half ended, and VCU tied the game up, that VCU was going to win...

It's happened before. A few years ago, I remember Gtown and MD played each other on the west coast.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

....gotta hand it to Butler. They played with a ton of poise and kept doing what they had to do; break the press, take good shots, clog the middle on us.

Terps looked impatient all game, gave up on pounding it and missed their freebies.