Terry Bradshaw or Dan Marino

Whose career would you rather have had?

If that's too easy a call, make it Joe Theisman's or Dan Marino's.

CrashTest

* > Marino.

Marino is bitter that he never won a Superbowl and now all his records are getting broken.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Besides football Terry has the Fox NFL gig and Dan does what, weight loss commercials. Ain't even close - TB.

Beta84

They're out to get us
This is a TOUGH one. Marino broke tons of records and was the best QB of his era. As a result he's able to do a bunch of commercials and has some nice gigs that were granted to him because of his success as a QB, which is giving him tons of money.

On the flipside, championships are what make the world go round. Bradshaw's teams were better overall and he won Super Bowls. Nothing tastes better than a Super Bowl victory (other than multiple Super Bowl victories!). Marino wishes he had brought one home and I'm sure any player would prefer winning Super Bowls. But if Marino had won 2 Super Bowls and didn't break any passer records, he probably wouldn't have as big of a post-career payday.

Besides football Terry has the Fox NFL gig and Dan does what, weight loss commercials. Ain't even close - TB.

Dan is on CBS and HBO and does a ton more than Terry does. You'd know that if you did anything besides watch Fox for the Skins :lol:

Ken King

PREMO Member
This is a TOUGH one. Marino broke tons of records and was the best QB of his era. As a result he's able to do a bunch of commercials and has some nice gigs that were granted to him because of his success as a QB, which is giving him tons of money.

On the flipside, championships are what make the world go round. Bradshaw's teams were better overall and he won Super Bowls. Nothing tastes better than a Super Bowl victory (other than multiple Super Bowl victories!). Marino wishes he had brought one home and I'm sure any player would prefer winning Super Bowls. But if Marino had won 2 Super Bowls and didn't break any passer records, he probably wouldn't have as big of a post-career payday.

Dan is on CBS and HBO and does a ton more than Terry does. You'd know that if you did anything besides watch Fox for the Skins :lol:
Who watches the Skins besides Larry and fuzzy aquatic mammals? The only time I've seen them recently was when they played the Jags as that is the typical game we get in southeastern GA.

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Who watches the Skins besides Larry? The only time I've seen them recently was when they played the Jags as that is the typical game we get in southeastern GA.

Damn good question! I was just making an ASSumption given the fans around here and that you knew the Fox telecasters but not the ones on CBS or HBO.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Damn good question! I was just making an ASSumption given the fans around here and that you knew the Fox telecasters but not the ones on CBS or HBO.
To be honest I have no excuse for the CBS dudes as I get that channel, but I don't do HBO so I wouldn't know anything about them. And if there was any doubt as to whether or not I was a Skin fan you can check out the "fight song" I modified for them some time ago.

Hell, it's the Redskins
Hell, Misery
Braves are a door mat
Wipe your feet on DC :lmao:

Beta84

They're out to get us
To be honest I have no excuse for the CBS dudes as I get that channel, but I don't do HBO so I wouldn't know anything about them. And if there was any doubt as to whether or not I was a Skin fan you can check out the "fight song" I modified for them some time ago.

Hell, it's the Redskins
Hell, Misery
Braves are a door mat
Wipe your feet on DC :lmao:
fair enough :lol:

:howdy:

Dan does a ton more for a ton less, I bet. :lol:

I've seen Marino's house and met his spoiled beyond rotten children. He has money oozing from everywhere. It's almost disgusting how rich he is.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
This is a tough one..

Dan is probably the greatest QB of all time to not have a ring, but he also had little to no one in the supporting cast.

Terry was surrounded by talent, he probably couldn't have spit without hitting someone on that roster that would have started for ANY team during that time frame.

Dan is absolutely loved by everyone who is a Miami fan, whereas Terry got the boot for having a bad year in Pittsburgh and they all hated him for it.

After football... I believe Dan has the better gig, he is more marketable.

In the end, I'd say flip a coin, you can't truly go wrong either way.

It didn't occur to me to specify playing career rather than just career. It should have, but either way ...

The primary thrust of my inquiry was to weigh the value of winning championships and being part of a great team against being great, and achieving remarkable things, as an individual player.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Better QB, Marino.

Better teams overall, Terry.

Marino would have a few SB rings with those Steeler defenses.