Tesla AI Day

glhs837

Power with Control
So I need to go watch the rest, just watched the Optimus bot video so far. AI Day is three hours of dense tech stuff. I get a lot in places, in other places I just stare and wonder what the monolith means. Bot takeaways.

1. It will get roasted by many. Slow, awkward, silly.

2. Those people, IMO, miss to very important facts.

a. This body is the result of just one year work. Another two years of optimization should yield good reductions in weight and cost.
b. The use of Tesla Autopilot AI is the secret sauce. Being able to turn it loose in a place with general commands after a quick walkthrough of say a kitchen and have it perform tasks. Show them the kitchen and where everything is, then things like put away the silverware or load the dishwasher become possible with no further instruction. "Get the leaf blower from the shed and blow the driveway clear." Now, when it arrives, you will need to take it around. "Heres' the shed, and there are the lawn mower, leaf blower"

3. The cost point, even if he misses 20K by 10K, will sell ridiculous amounts of them. If anyone has the manufacturing chops to bring it in, its Tesla. The huge cost is the AI, and that cost is shared with Tesla and I think SpaceX. Everything else is metal, motors and sensors. Scale matters, and the cost of producing 100,000 thousand of these will be low.

I'm going to dive into the rest of in a while.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
a. This body is the result of just one year work. Another two years of optimization should yield good reductions in weight and cost.
b. The use of Tesla Autopilot AI is the secret sauce. Being able to turn it loose in a place with general commands after a quick walkthrough of say a kitchen and have it perform tasks. Show them the kitchen and where everything is, then things like put away the silverware or load the dishwasher become possible with no further instruction.
He'll lose out to Cherry 2000.